Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took starter apart. Marked everything to help line things up for assembly. A few pictures. It uses a funky brush assembly ring that stays in starter after you put it together, it sits in down around the bearing & below the brushes from the factory. You can assemble it by yourself (maybe), but four hands makes it easier.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Great photos. I did this last year. I found that you can use pins (I used straightened paper clips) to hold the brushes back while sliding the armature back in. Once the armature is seated, pull the pins and the brushes seat against the commutator nicely.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I just bought a refirb from e-bay for $42...to hell with pulling the damn things apart ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I just bought a refirb from e-bay for $42...to hell with pulling the damn things apart ;)
Can I have your old one when you replace it? :)

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Great photos. I did this last year. I found that you can use pins (I used straightened paper clips) to hold the brushes back while sliding the armature back in. Once the armature is seated, pull the pins and the brushes seat against the commutator nicely.
That is how I do it....lol

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Can I have your old one when you replace it? :)
As much as I don't want to, I will probably it rebuild as a winter project nest year. Who knows if I'll get lucky enough to find another $40 refurb again ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
...to hell with pulling the damn things apart
PaiN said:
As much as I don't want to, I will probably it rebuild as a winter project nest year. Who knows if I'll get lucky enough to find another $40 refurb again ;)
Hmm. I sense a disturbance in the Force.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiN View Post
...to hell with pulling the damn things apart
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiN
As much as I don't want to, I will probably it rebuild as a winter project nest year. Who knows if I'll get lucky enough to find another $40 refurb again
Hmm. I sense a disturbance in the Force.
Just because I didn't feel like I wanted to do it this year, doesn't mean I won't next year....I'm a very fickle bitch sometimes.
Really, I'm not feeling "working on the Vic". I have to do an oil change, tires and new brake pads. I don't feel like playing with anything else I'm not even motivated to change the stater. I just want to ride it, make my vids, vlogs and do regular maintenance for a change.... thumb up

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I just want to ride it, ................. and do regular maintenance for a change.... thumb up
My feelings about all my bikes exactly...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts