Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last couple of times starting engine. Immediately after starter a growl like noise from front end. Just one quick growl then done. Once or twice on shutting down same noise. 2010'xc with only 20000 miles. No mods.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
It's just waking up, tell you it's hungry and ready to go. Go ride the beast.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The last couple of times starting engine. Immediately after starter a growl like noise from front end. Just one quick growl then done. Once or twice on shutting down same noise. 2010'xc with only 20000 miles. No mods.
Did you ever get this figured out or fixed?
My 2010 XR is doing this now.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
My XCT has been doing this for almost 2 years. Some say it's the starter, some say it's the one-way bearing. At no time has it not started, but sometimes it's quite loud and embarrassing. A howling screech coming from the starter.

·
Registered
216 Posts
My XCT has been doing this for almost 2 years. Some say it's the starter, some say it's the one-way bearing. At no time has it not started, but sometimes it's quite loud and embarrassing. A howling screech coming from the starter.
Yup
Hate when it does that in front of my HD friends!

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Yup
Hate when it does that in front of my HD friends
Tell them that noise is the Hydrogen Super Ramifier warming up. :devil

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
It's the turbo encabulator purging free radicals from the oxygen supply.

·
Registered
12,299 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
If it were me, I'd tell them I farted! LOL

·
Registered
133 Posts
It is very likely the starter. I've had that happen before on other bikes. Just take it apart and lube the bushings.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
I have no problem taking my starter apart. My problem is trying to reassemble it when those brushes get in the way.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I haven't taken a Vic one apart yet but the last one(yamaha) I did was no problem getting it back together. I couldn't find anything in the Service Manual either.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Mine was doing the same last year and I took the starter off, took it apart and lubed everything. It was quiet for about 10,000 miles and it just started again.

Yes the brushes are a pain and take some time but it's not a big deal. Takes much longer to get the starter in and out.

Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts