Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got the stebel horn mounted. i googled pics and it seems people are mounting it to the side like a harley, or if they dont have a cheese wedge they will utilize that location. seen one on here with it mounted behind driver seat . i installed mine in front of the oil cooler. using a L bracket and made some bends then bolted it up. had to drill the holes bigger tho. had big help on install with the video made for a xc.
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=100833&highlight=air+horn
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/news-and-events/victory-vegas-jackpot-2005-2007-stebel-air-horn-installation.html (don't care for bracket on exhaust and imo too close to exhaust that it may melt the horn)

i then primered and painted it black to match bike.
p.s. excuse the dirty pics, but pollen is crazy this year in va can't have the bike 10 mins outside without looking bad and yellow.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
And then you failed to post pics or link a video. Bravo. keep this up and you can change your name to BS-King.

Are you on drugs??? The pics describe everything he did to a T? Keep this up and we can change your name to the village idiot! Lol!!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
EXACTLY how I mounted mine a year or so ago (and I painted mine black as well).

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks guys! I wasn't trying to make a" how to" and sorry that pics didn't show the first time, ain't technology great? ,lol. But I'll add the links that helped me install if that helps others. My goal here was to just provide a pic and show how i got to mount the horn up front . as my first thoughts when i got the horn was. .."how can i keep this horn in the stock location" and after goggling images and not finding anyone else mounting it there, i thought i share my success.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Now that is a good place ... I like it, i think i will follow your sample

·
Registered
329 Posts
Here's how I mounted mine. Just removed all the original junk and it bolted right up

Seem to be having an issue with uploading from my phone. Basically, there is no brackets... It's bolted directly to the frame

·
Registered
578 Posts
Dummy me.

I thought I could change the location of my horn on my CR and then realized that this mount was for a different model.

·
Registered
329 Posts
OK... here's how mine is mounted. Same location, just no brackets....

No idea why they're coming up sideways. That's not what I uploaded :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your bike is newer, glad install is easier on your bike. The oil cooler is lower as mine is an 06 and runs across that motor mount. I wish I had the 07 with 6 speed

1 - 20 of 21 Posts