Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ignition key doesnt fit the steering lock, and looks to be the wrong size. The parts diagram shows the lock but no key, whats going on??

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gidday, Kevin, we meet again. I thought it should be the same, but no way will it fit. Must have been butchered some where along the way. Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems as though the ignition switch must have been changed at some stage. Does anyone know how to remove steering lock without the key and butchering it?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Not that I use mine that often but it was a little figity for a while and shot some silicone up in the tumblers and around the pin. Started pushing into the lock postion well but you still gotta jiggle the bars a bit to get it to roll into the lock position once it does go in. Does if feel like your lock assembly pushing all the way in and just not turning or your not able to push it in once the key is inserted?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I can push the key in all the way, jiggle the handle bars but get no movement and I don't want to turn the key too hard as I'm afraid of it bending. I haven't tried silicone but will give it a shot once I get the bike out of storage in the spring.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Well I just went and got some eye ball measurment on mine. With bars all the way left hitting the stop, my key goes almost all the way in with about 1/4 inch between the lock and black plastic of the key. About a 45 degree turn to the left, push in about 3/4 of an inch and turn back to the right leaving the lock inserted. I think the silicon has done well. Shot it about 4 months ago and it is still free as can be. You can feel the tumblers sliding smoothly. Hope this helps you. Safe ridin!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gidday all, Happy New Year.With plenty of CRC spray I can now get the key in but not to turn. A locksmith spent a couple of hours trying to pick the lock unsuccessfully. A dismantler in Ohio called Pinwall has one for sale on ebay so he got it out without butchering it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts