Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm about a week away from installing my audio system. Where do I need to hook up my hot wire so I only have power when the bike is running and I wont get any feed back through the amp? Thanks

·
13,247 Posts
Who's ever amp your buying why not look at there web page for instructions.
With your electric meter you can test for what has power and if it goes off with the key

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just worried about going through the trouble of removing the tank hooking it up then finding out I can hear my blinkers or something through the amp lol.
If anyone has done this with one of the old 92's where did you wire yours? I know I'll get it through trial and era but it would be easier and quicker if someone holds my hand.:)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Who's ever amp your buying why not look at there web page for instructions.
With your electric meter you can test for what has power and if it goes off with the key
Thanks for the advice I went to their site and it looks like if I kill all power to it, it will lose all EQ settings so I may just have to hook it up direct. The good thing is I still have a week to think about it I'd hate to leave it on and drain the battery though.

Here is the amp by the way. http://www.sharkmotorcycleaudio.com/product/SHKAMP5800/shark-shkamp5800-mini-car-motorcycle-snowmobile-atv-600-watt-amplifier-w-radio-wired-wireless-remote.html

·
13,247 Posts
Not sure but it says it uses a 10amp fuzz to me that means its not much of a amp.
Big wattage amps use a bigger fuzz.
Sorry I would keep looking

1 - 5 of 5 Posts