Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
13,003 Posts
did you read where Mike said to check ground and power wires for speakers. He said the factory has been hooking them up wrong

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Can you still use the handle bar controls?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does all the buttons work on the handle bar control, such as next/previous track, source, and a big one for me is mute.

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
IPod Connectivity through the existing harness to the saddlebag?
How much cutting of the plastic inner fairing? Any aluminum cutting of the fairing mounting bracket to make it fit?

Sorry Lots of questions. I want to know what I'm getting into.

Marine Radio? I ride in the rain a lot.
Edited:

I see it's only 3 7/8 deep. So no problems clearing the handlebars?

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
IPod Connectivity through the existing harness to the saddlebag?

How much cutting of the plastic inner fairing? Any aluminum cutting of the fairing mounting bracket to make it fit?

Sorry Lots of questions. I want to know what I'm getting into.

Marine Radio? I ride in the rain a lot.

Edited:

I see it's only 3 7/8 deep. So no problems clearing the handlebars?

Thanks,

No cutting of inner fairing necessary the faceplate wiring harness runs thru the existing hole where stock stereo display was.

We ran a usb cord from back of new head unit that has a female USB port on the other end so now I can plug in any phone cord charger whether it's an iPod cord or an android.

The faceplate is mounted to the inner fairing with the inner fairing toggle switch cover that were on each side of display. And a harness runs to the head unit which is mounted on the front side of trees under the outer fairing. (It's mounted behind my amp in the pic)

The only thing open to the elements is the faceplate. Haven't had any issues with it getting wet and not working. ImageUploadedByMO Free1463211502.861074.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1463211591.961697.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
That looks like a great upgrade but I would be concerned about the head unit taking a dump after the first heavy downpour.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
If you're that worried about rain there are quite a few marine covers available that could be installed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts