Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 XC and want to remove the label on the gas tank. What is the best method to do this? Blow Dryer?

·
Premium Member
13,043 Posts
If it's like the reflectors, which I just pulled off by twisting and pulling slowly at the same time, they come off pretty easily. Carb cleaner gets the rest softened up enough to get off with a little patience. Goo Gone works well too.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Do NOT use a heat gun if you are not experienced with it. You can burn the paint and it will bubble and peel!!! Use a blow dryer if you want to use a heat source.

Easiest way is take some floss or light fishing line. Put it behind the sticker and pull the length of the badge BUT be sure you are pulling AWAY from the tank.

The double sided tape that is left use your thumb and roll it. It will pick up the pieces and slowly come off.

Use goo gone or goof off and take off the remainder of the glue.

Be sure to cover it with wax immediately as it is raw paint exposed.

Another option is a lot of times the tin part will pulkl off with a little blow dryer heat and your fingers.

This will leave the double sided tape there. Use your fingers to slowly roll it off.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Blow dryer would work fine, once you get it warmed up, should peel right off. Goo-Gone, nail polish remover, mineral spirits, or WD40 on a microfiber will get rid of any sticky.
Fishing line or dental floss if you want tank badges or reflectors off, but warm 'em up with the dryer first also.
I just removed my filler cap tank & 8-ball fender sticker from a new '09 with no problems.

·
Registered
528 Posts
As being retired I look for avenues to earn extra money to help with my motorcycle addiction.

Detailing bikes is 1 of those things I do sometimes. So I have stickers that need to be removed. I use a plastic credit card, and WD40 or goo gone. Then polish. I will say the victory stickers really stick but not bad.

just a thought

dd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts