Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out on a ride yesterday and noticed that my speedo was stuck at about 80 mph when I was doing no more than 50 or 60.

When I pulled in for gas the needle dropped to about 25mph but never got to 0 till I turned off the bike and started it again.

I used to have a Triumph Thunderbird and they were known for sticky speedos on very hot days. It was about 85 degrees yesterday so warm but not very hot.

Has anyone else had trouble with a sticky speedo. My bike is a 2013 XR.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
It wasn't flipped to km/hr by mistake, was it? Although it should have dropped to zero when you stopped, if that where the case...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Since there are no cables or anything on newer bikes. I would not worry too much. The speedo is basically a voltmeter. probably just hung up at the pivot point. If it happens again, give it a good rap and see if it goes back to normal...

·
Registered
837 Posts
My last Harley used to do the same thing---turn the engine off and it would reset and work fine. Traded it on the KingPin before I ever got it fixed, but I read somewhere afterwards to check the connections since it was/is an electrical speed-o.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts