Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after two years of sitting wrecked in my in laws garage i am putting my 09 Kingpin low back together. The last peace of the puzzle before i can actually ride her is the Heal toe sifter and the dealer assures me that will come in Friday. However my throttle dose not snap back like it should. it has tension and dose go back to idle it just meanders its way back though. My plan is to clean out the throttle body and inspect the spring but i am wondering if you guys have any other suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
When I installed the 1/4-turn throttle ring, I had a sticky throttle when I reassembled everything. Turns out I didn't have enough slack on the cables where they connected to the throttle body...

·
Registered
477 Posts
check the cables. Pull the throttle housing loose and be sure there's nothing in it, etc.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Had a similiar issue with my XC. I removed the throttle grip and cleaned and re-lubed the handle bar .... just like new! Check to be sure your high idle lever is not on, had this on my Kingpin but just caused issue when turning handle bars sharply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts