Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Its been 8 months since Ive been on here and actually looked at different posts and decided to come back. I am still a Harley owner, and am still looking at the Corss Country's. Work got real busy and basically forgot about me pursuing a Victory......then I went to my local dealership.....Arlen Ness in Dublin, CA. The salesmen was real nice and hopped on demo xc they had that was 1" lowered with Arlen Ness pipes. This is my second demo on a xc. From my previous ride I complained a lot about wind buffeting....For some reason I wasnt feeling it. Shes quick and agile and begs me to hit a canyon run or 2. After I returned it was my wifes turn to hop on her with me. She was diggin it as well. She even told we could ride to Vegas on this thing which I tried to get her to do on my Harley Street Glide whoch she denies everytime. We both were impressed and am already trying to sell my SG. Wish me luck eveyrone!!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Good luck,sounds like momma is lovin it. I am jealous. I have a Triumph,payed it off this past year now I have the itch for a new Victory. My wife likes them much more than my Triumph. Problem is the budget has been cut, she's not working. Good luck on your new ride. thumb up

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
If you can wait the new Victory models will be released the last week of July. When the new models are released the older models will go on sale. If you prefer not to wait then use the pending release and inevitable sale as a bargaining chip to work in a discount. In this economy it never hurts to ask for a discount on any vehicle purchase; you won't be the first or last person that hasasked that dealer for one.

Thankfully you have a much desired HD model. SG's sell quickly if you are too aggressive with your pricing or aren't upside down on it.

The wind / buffeting issues are one of the most common XC complaints on the Victory websites. With all the submission that include height, weight, inseam and so on it makes it pretty easy to figure out which windshield and/or windshield and lowers wil work best for you. It's not exact science but most science isn't exact; there are too many opinions and tolerance levels to guaranty a perfect configuration.

Best of luck on your sale and future purchase! I'm sure your wife will love the XC; you'll probably be taking a lot more trips to Vegas!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
The guys over at the Ness store are some pretty cool guys. Was Arlens cuxtom XC inside.

I went there a few months ago and that thing was pretty nice. He had a prototype low windscreen with a flip lip that they are supposed to be releasing soon.

·
13,031 Posts
Ness company is a great dealer ship. I sold my new SG a year ago and picked up a vision and very happy. Matter of fact three H-D guys from from Na. were here over the weekend and tried out the vision and were very impressed. Here is five videos I like showing harley guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts