Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still have high freq. vibration on the '09 Jack. Feels like cylinders aren't firing in the proper sequence. Replacing IAC, fuel tubes and TB boot next week. Wondering if one of the the cam chain tensioners my be bad. No engine mods that I'm aware of.

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
Do you have any Victory mechanics in your area? Even a regular motorcycle mechanic should be able to make an educated guess.

Another option is to find someone in your area who has a JP and let them ride yours to see if they can tell a difference or anything wrong.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I know something is wrong. Just don't know what. The Indian dealer works on Vics, but they're $110 an hour. No rushing over there. Fuel pump next.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
No, downsweeps and S&S air. Had two different tuners on it. Runs better without them.
Good to know. Your AFR might be lean in a few spots giving you the vibrations.
If you can't borrow a AFR gauge pay a shop with a dyno to check your afr ratio over the range of operation. It should not cost that much.
Here is why.
I've a accurate afr meter that I have used for years to tune several motors. (HD)

I put a set of mildly modified mufflers, freer flowing air cleaners, and timing wheels on two Vic X bikes .
Both bikes had stage 1 flashes. Certainly not heavy mods. Bikes ran great with no tuner.

Eventually I put on the afr gauge. Took bike A on the freeway, got it up to about 70'ish and was surprised to see the the afr meter reading ~19ish at one rpm area. The vic because of a good head design was still firing well enough that it wasn't really noticeable until I had the gauge on it at which time I noticed the bike did vibrate more in those bands where it was extremely lean. As that motor got more miles on it, the vibration in that extremely lean part of the map would have gotten worse. You may also have the same problem our bikes did. You can't tell afr by the seat of your pants. Never works that way. Only way is with a meter of some sort.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replaced some things but she still has a higher level of vibration that normal (This is my 3rd jack). Wonder if the compensator isn't goofy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts