Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I played hookie from work yesterday to take advantage of the fine riding weather we had. I spent a good portion of the morning cleaning my bike and had a very difficult time getting the rims clean. I used several products and still couldn't get all of the crud off. I was just wondering if any of you had a secret weapon for getting them spotless. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
rather be out getting em dirty than cleaning.
The place that changes my tyres gives em a wipe over while they're at it.

·
13,048 Posts
Walmart sells simple green great stuff half the price of s100.
Works great on motors and wheels. Next them hand whips for the kitchen. They take bugs off road grime and more. One draw back they leave a res-ado be hind so you have to whip it off. You can get them at the dollar store 35 sheets for a buck.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
simple green great stuff half the price of s100.
I use Simple Green , I have the cleanest wheels around !thumb up Spray wheels with water , spray them down with SG , wash with soft cloth in carwash soapy water , same as you would use to wash car / bike , rinse with clean water .

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Moto. That wasn't helpful at all. I am with you on the subject of getting it dirty. I guess I'll just keep trying products until I figure it out.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Well Moto. That wasn't helpful at all. I am with you on the subject of getting it dirty. I guess I'll just keep trying products until I figure it out.
Simple Green .... That's all you need to clean your wheels .

·
Registered
682 Posts
+1 on simple green. That stuff works great. I got a vinyl fence that was dirty and covered in mildew back sparkling white using simple green. I know your wheels ain't vinyl, but the point is, it's good ****

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I've used simple green for years. It just never occurred to me to try it. I'll report back on how it worked out.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I like simple green and use it for most everything. i just refuse to give my money to china mart.

·
13,048 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts