Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the stock battery stopped wanting to take a charge or start the bike without a jump today.

One engine code came up after getting the jump. and another one was found....old or new IDK.

Error 0 520193 7 IAC out of range
Error 1 520209 3 Lots of head scratching about this one but points to front O2 sensor. Here is why that is wrong.

Nometz said the 520209 03 is a 02 sensor out of range error that is actually false. Corrected with a new ECM flash and there was a tech bulletin on it.
So Error 1 in my case was for sure a system glitch from dead battery. Next time my audio starts cutting out I will be checking the battery.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
New electronic systems, PCM, CAN Buss etc minimum voltage is a key part. If battery is 11v and system is charging, the base voltage is not there and can make electronic go wonky.

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
My stock battery went in a year. I replaced it with the exact same brand. It's been on the scooter for six years. Still starting fine. Go figure.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
My stock battery was still starting the bike after 6 years but I started to get worried so I put a new one in last summer. My last chevy truck had the original battery for 12 years before it finally went dead, maybe some kind of record!

·
Registered
320 Posts
My 12 CCT OEM battery was still perfect after 5 years. That is a record for me. I think where Ma Vic positions the battery lasts longer for some reason. I still have it for back up on a maint charger. I replaced with one from Chrome Battery a few months ago. Comes with a 18 month warranty and the delivered in 2 days for $58.00.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Cross bike batteries do well because they are in an ideal location where they get lots of air, keeping them cool.

·
Registered
337 Posts
yep my 2012 still has the orig batt. 6 yrs so far and still going good. i do carry a jump start pac and jumper cables to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts