Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who had an absolute BEAR of a time getting the stock exhaust off ? I mean, WTF !??! It took me an hour to wrestle those pipes off !! Now, the lower frame rail.... I can't get it off of the bike. I removed the bolts, and the screws, holding the lines to it, and I can not get it off ! Am I missing something ? What else do I have to do to get it to come off ?

·
13,242 Posts
Do a search and you can find a manual that will help.
I take WD40 and spray it around the end of the muffler and the head pipe to loosen the two. When you put the new pipes on give it a shot of WD40 and they will slid right on and NO it will not hurt nothing.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I eventually got the stock stuff off, but it was a battle. I still haven't gotten the frame rail off. I may try and cut it while on the bike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I cut the rail with it on the bike, just jam a piece of thick cardboard between the rail and the lines so when you get all the way through, you won't nick anything.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cut the rail with it on the bike, just jam a piece of thick cardboard between the rail and the lines so when you get all the way through, you won't nick anything.
What did you use to cut it ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used a hacksaw with a good blade, it goes through pretty easy. After cutting it off I cleaned it up with a file and painted the bare metal

·
13,242 Posts
So if some one comes out with pipes that make better horse power and are sweater looking how are you going to put the bracket back on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can still put the bracket back on because it mounts to the swingarm bolt, it just wont have the support from the lower frame rail.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So if some one comes out with pipes that make better horse power and are sweater looking how are you going to put the bracket back on.
Order a new frame rail from the dealer. But I seriously doubt that'll happen.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got it cut, and the pipe mounted, for the most part. Found that two of the exhaust studs were stripped/cross threaded when I removed the stock exhaust, and I don't want to reuse them, so I have to get two new ones before I even start the motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts