Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the O2 sensors have to be pulled PRIOR to removing the stock headers? Is there enough clearance to remove the header pipes with the O2's in place? Would like to know prior to getting anything loose and then finding out I have to wrench them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rear sensor looks easy to pull while on the bike, but the front looks tricky. I know that the oil cooler can be "lifted and tilted" to gain access, but you're sure the front pipe can be removed with the sensor in place? And yeah I'll disconnect the plugs and not twist/pull wires.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Pull the sensor. Cooler has a couple bolts and just slide u and away easily. Just be careful not to bend the tubing.

Plus that way you don't risk ripping the sensor wire apart. Wiring is thin on those, easier to do than you think.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Easier to simply pull them of before attempting header removal. Adds a minute or two to header removal, but less to worry about hanging up anywhere.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to close this out...sensors need to be pulled due to clearance issues, especially the rear sensor. Both were easy to access, but the rear sensor wiring would not go past the clutch cable, which made turning the whole wire set as sensor was being backed out a chore. The oil cooler is moved by removing a single top bolt and sliding it over to the left.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts