Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Yes there is a difference but choosing the correct 6.5 speaker is the key. I have 1st hand experience. Been thru 4 different types before I finally splurged and bought the Hertz HCX 165's. Trust me. Save your money and spend the $350 these baby's cost.

For the 1st time in 4 years I can truly hear the music at 60 70 miles an hour. They are full and rich and built to take power. I am using a Rockford PBR 300x4 amp and also have lid speakers with the factory component speakers still in their. I could say that I couldn't be happier but until a set of Hertz 6x9's and the new Rockford 400 goes in then I can say it.

Get the Hertz and an amp. You will be thrilled.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I totally agree about the Hertz. I just blew a set after 5 years and I and bought a set of MB Quarts just to try out. They are nice but the Hertz sound way better. I'll be going back. One thing I would suggest is if you do not listen to FM then get the new Picasso Nano PN4.1000 amp. This thing rocks and has plenty of power to push the speakers. It will make the Hertz louder and clearer with the extra power over the RF amp.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There seem I be a ton of hertz models. Trying to figure out which is the model everyone is taking about.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Yes, HCX 165's Awesome speakers. especially with the JL Audio 400.4

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Yes there is a difference but choosing the correct 6.5 speaker is the key. I have 1st hand experience. Been thru 4 different types before I finally splurged and bought the Hertz HCX 165's. Trust me. Save your money and spend the $350 these baby's cost.

For the 1st time in 4 years I can truly hear the music at 60 70 miles an hour. They are full and rich and built to take power. I am using a Rockford PBR 300x4 amp and also have lid speakers with the factory component speakers still in their. I could say that I couldn't be happier but until a set of Hertz 6x9's and the new Rockford 400 goes in then I can say it.

Get the Hertz and an amp. You will be thrilled.
Can you run the Hertz with just the factory amp? I have the Hertz on their way here and will be buying an amp. Just not certain which one yet. It would be nice to hook up the HCX 165's at least temporarily

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I totally agree about the Hertz. I just blew a set after 5 years and I and bought a set of MB Quarts just to try out. They are nice but the Hertz sound way better. I'll be going back. One thing I would suggest is if you do not listen to FM then get the new Picasso Nano PN4.1000 amp. This thing rocks and has plenty of power to push the speakers. It will make the Hertz louder and clearer with the extra power over the RF amp.
The Nano was on my short list. Does the Nano "interfere" with an FM tuner or something?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Which Hertz speakers is everyone running?

Also where do you get the adapter rings?
A number of people have bought the $8.99 Scosche-SAVW6's but those don't appear to provide any "offset" like a number of the more expensive adapter rings do. I didn't want to pay $45+shipping for the vtwin adapters so I went with a $13 pair of Metra's that should be here in about a week & I will let you know how it goes then

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Can you run the Hertz with just the factory amp? I have the Hertz on their way here and will be buying an amp. Just not certain which one yet. It would be nice to hook up the HCX 165's at least temporarily

I think but not totally sure... The factory amp only puts out 25 watts rms. That would be way under powering those Hertz speakers and I wouldn't recommend it.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I think but not totally sure... The factory amp only puts out 25 watts rms. That would be way under powering those Hertz speakers and I wouldn't recommend it.
Wow! That would be super low and agree, no need to risk it. I will do a bit more research to better understand what comes stock. I haven't seen any feedback yet on why the Picasso would have issues with the FM radio... anyone?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I found the source and specs of the Vic head unit and there amplifiers for another member here once.... Let me see if I can dig up the thread.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I am putting 75 watts to my Hertz and they perform well. My next amp will be putting 100 to them. They are rated 100 rms and 200 max.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I only have experienced the HCX series as recommended to me by Extreme performance here in my town. They thought this series would be the best for MC. They were right. Couldn't be happier. Now I have to find a home for 3 sets of Polks and pair of Jl audio's

1 - 20 of 41 Posts