Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2013 victory cross country and my friend owns a 2010 victory cross country. We both have stock seats and bought our bikes new but his seat is wider in the rear for the passenger where mine is narrower. I would like to know how to explain this difference to someone because I would like to end up with the wider seat I do not know if his is a touring seat or just the older model. I would like to see if I could trade my stock seat to someone with the wider version, but I do not know how to explain to someone what I'm looking for. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My 2010 crossroads has the wider seat. I think they changed in 2011.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is yours a cross country or a cross-country touring?

·
Registered
54 Posts
My 2011 has the wide seat. I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe the 2010 and 2011 Cross bikes had the wider seat and in 2012 only the XC Tour had the wide seat and the regular cross bikes went to the narrow seat.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
2013 xc went to the narrower passenger section. if you want the wider one you want a 2012 and older seat

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent thank you very much for the help!

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Let the Old Guy 'splain it to you......
My 2010 XR has a wide passenger seat, as should all XCs. The reason for the narrower seat was the advent of the leather covered cases which open the opposite of the hard ones. They needed more room so the seat was narrowed to accommodate it.
Class dismissed.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Is the wider one gel foam?

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Gel is not foam, its a solid, although a squishy one. When I had my saddle customized and the cover was removed, there was no gel, just a couple types of foam. My customizer doesn't like gel pads because they don't breathe and your butt will get sweaty.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha awesome! The master has spoken......sometimes that person is hard to find!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Let the Old Guy 'splain it to you......
My 2010 XR has a wide passenger seat, as should all XCs. The reason for the narrower seat was the advent of the leather covered cases which open the opposite of the hard ones. They needed more room so the seat was narrowed to accommodate it.
Class dismissed.
I thought the dealers give you a seat based on your girl's ass size...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Then some dealers would have to say "How about a vision? or maybe a car ...."

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do not have this problem THANK GOD! I just want her to have enough seat back there so she can move around on long rides.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I replaced my stock seat with the heated "touring" seat. The touring seat is definitely wider for the passenger....

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How do you like the touring seat versus the Stock seat for your riding position and comfort?

·
Registered
427 Posts
How do you like the touring seat versus the Stock seat for your riding position and comfort?
I was suprised at first that it felt like I was pushed forward and inch or so. But, I got used to it pretty fast. The touring seat is definitely cushier and more comfy. I have gone 500 miles in a day multiple times with it and my arse feels fine!:D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome comfort was my hope! Thank you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts