Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As explained in another thread, my '03 V92TC came with a Mustang seat, but it's the wrong one for the bike and is loose, doesn't quite fit, etc. So, I want to get a new seat for it and attach it properly with all the correct mounting hardware. While reading various threads here on the forum, it seems Corbins are pretty much disliked, being hard and uncomfortable, Mustangs are considered expensive and over-rated, at least by some, and Ultimates are thought highly of by those who have them even though they're nearly as expensive as Mustangs. And finally, I've seen a few comments about the stock seats being just fine so why waste money on aftermarket. I'm hoping to get a few comments here confirming all of that as I'm leaning towards just getting a stock seat and saving a couple hundred bucks. Anyone agree with that strategy or maybe want to persuade me that I just can't live without an Ultimate?

·
Registered
813 Posts
would you be willing to post some pictures of your seat? I would like to see how it fits and why you think it fits wrong. I am working on my v92c currently and may offer to buy it from you. I would love pics of it on and off the bike, plus there should be a part number on it some place. I have both stock seat for my v92c and a stock v92tc that will be going on the bike very soon. I like the stock v92cm but wife did not like the stock passenger seat. They are 2 pieces, the v92tc is all one piece.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would you be willing to post some pictures of your seat? I would like to see how it fits and why you think it fits wrong. I am working on my v92c currently and may offer to buy it from you. I would love pics of it on and off the bike, plus there should be a part number on it some place. I have both stock seat for my v92c and a stock v92tc that will be going on the bike very soon. I like the stock v92cm but wife did not like the stock passenger seat. They are 2 pieces, the v92tc is all one piece.
You can see the current seat in my avatar pic. I know it's the wrong seat as it has the model # and bike it's for on the underside. Says it's for an '00 - '02 V92C, and my bike is the '03 V92TC. The front of the seat stops short of the tank by a couple inches, leaving a noticeable gap. I'll take a pic of the underside and post that this evening. As for this seat, another member has dibs on it here, and that's only if a friend of mine decides it won't fit his V-star 650. I'm probably going to order the stock seat for it today unless someone makes a convincing argument for aftermarket.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Here's a larger version of my avatar pic:
Nice looking bike, yep you can see it. I have not set on the stock seat, but it looks really nice. Sometimes you can find them on ebay.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice looking bike, yep you can see it. I have not set on the stock seat, but it looks really nice. Sometimes you can find them on ebay.
Thanks. After the seat is sorted out, I'll be shopping for a lower windshield and lower deflectors, then it'll be more or less road-worthy.

I'll check ebay, thanks.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Well, I have an 01 v92c and the stock seat was horrible. I wanted a new seat, but as you mentioned very expensive. I ended up taking my stock seat to a local leather shop, they pulled the cover, shaved some of the stock foam focusing on removing more from the rear, then installed a pro pad gel insert, and put the stock cover back on. Cost me about 140$ all in. I put a couple hundred miles on last Saturday and it feels amazing! Quite a difference.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I have an 01 v92c and the stock seat was horrible. I wanted a new seat, but as you mentioned very expensive. I ended up taking my stock seat to a local leather shop, they pulled the cover, shaved some of the stock foam focusing on removing more from the rear, then installed a pro pad gel insert, and put the stock cover back on. Cost me about 140$ all in. I put a couple hundred miles on last Saturday and it feels amazing! Quite a difference.
The online Vic parts catalog shows two available seat options for the '03 TC - a standard seat and then the "Deluxe Touring Cruiser" seat. I'm guessing the standard seat may be closer to what you have and I would be ordering the deluxe model. Still, that's the first really negative comment I've seen on the stock seats, so thanks for the feedback. If my seat is not satisfactory, I may end up having it customized like you did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts