Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I've got a 2013 Cross Country Nuclear Sunset and I'd like to get the stock trunk for it. Can anyone recommend where to order such a beast? I went to the Victory website and it doesn't seem to allow me to select a year.

Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm curious if your local dealer (if there still is one near you) can order it. Only place I've seen them is on Facebook groups. Expect to pay $1,500+.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Nuclear Sunset what? Orange?

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
Accessories have been discontinued and most likely all Victory dealerships have sold what they have so the only way (unless you get real lucky) is to find someone who has one for sale and is willing to ship it. It's a very large item so just finding a box to ship it in will be a challenge.

I sold the one I had a few months ago to someone who was willing to drive within an hours drive of my place where I met him. I refused to ship it so I only asked $1100 for it. It had a rack and I had lined it with felt. My need for it had ended.

Keep and eye on the classified sections here, the vog, ebay, and the Victory riders FB page. They pop up once in a while. Chances of finding one in your color is a bit slim but that's what paint is for.

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
Most items are made in China from polaris, i could not find the trunk but the bags are avaleble new

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most items are made in China from polaris, i could not find the trunk but the bags are avaleble new

Andre using TaPaTaLk
What site was this on?

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
Hard bag liners that looks just sooo awsome

KEMiMOTO Saddle bag Tool Motorcycle SaddleBags Liners For Harley Touring For Kawasaki Vulcan For Victory 2009-2016 Vision

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cXn3rXBL

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
So, called some dealers and none could get the trunk sold complete. Sad...
Keep and eye on the classified sections here, the vog, ebay, and the Victory riders FB page. They pop up once in a while. Chances of finding one in your color is a bit slim but that's what paint is for.

BTW; it's only going to get worse. Accessories will get harder and harder to find. Vic's will be a niche market for the purist who want the very best.

Victory's are overbuilt on the inside with the transmissions being their weak point. Not sure if it's operator error or just a weak point to be honest but that's where most problems seem to happen. Clutch's can be replaced easily. If not beaten to death at a track; the average Vic should go at least 150k with proper maintenance.

Vic's can get a big bore kit without worrying if the lower end can handle the extra power. Harley and Indian can't.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
As others have said it will run you about 1500 plus shipping plus paint. Odds of you finding your color are slim. On the other hand you can find a nicely optioned tour for fair money. Pull what you want and sell it after. HMD520 has trunks that are very similar for about 2K i think. No speaker pods though.

·
12,984 Posts
If you have a dealer ask then to do a dealer search. If there is one out they could find it.

To bad Paulie is gone

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I have an orange one. I had the two pads as well as the XC seat customized with double diamond stitching for a future project bike. I have about $2500 invested in it. If I could recoup the $2500 I would let it all go.

I also have (2) Sunset Red Red trunks I would sell for $1500 each.

All shipping paid by buyer.

Attachments

·
12,984 Posts
BBob
yes Paulie went off to a semi shop. If you look at his last few posts I think he said where

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
BBob
yes Paulie went off to a semi shop. If you look at his last few posts I think he said where
There's a lot of money in big rig tractor trucks. I bet he's doing considerably better financially. Too bad he didn't stop in later to tell us how he was doing.

I wonder if he got laid off due to the slow down in the motorcycle business. I noticed a long-time indy shop shut down in my small town.

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
I have an orange one. I had the two pads as well as the XC seat customized with double diamond stitching for a future project bike. I have about $2500 invested in it. If I could recoup the $2500 I would let it all go.

I also have (2) Sunset Red Red trunks I would sell for $1500 each.

All shipping paid by buyer.
Wow, anyone looking for these should take action now because they will only get more difficult to find. If you even think you one day may want one, grab these today. From what I already had painted gloss pearl white to match my CCT, I'd suspect painting a trunk would easily run $600 to $700. Sure, you can find someone to spray if for less but after seeing low cost paint jobs I'll continue to stay away from them.

Thank you Noe, you rock brother!

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
BBob
Good for Paulie I sure hope it works out even better than he ever thought it would. Bummer for us though as he was wonderful to work with. Plus he also had the best delivered pricing on parts, bar none. Sure, some of the online guys may have been a few cents lower on an item. But from my experience their shipping charges are typically crazy high so I kept going back to Paulie. I hope someone else steps up to fill his shoes for Victory parts delivered to my door.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Disregard my previous post. I will end up using it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts