Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody that has replaced the stock 9" XC windshield know what size the mounting holes in the stock windshield are? My bike had the Victory accessory 17" tall windshield on it so I've never had a stock windshield. The windshield I have is the 6 bolt mounting style with the 2 chrome windshield supports. I bought the 4 stock windshield shouldered mounting bolts so I could get an aftermarket windshield. I got a 7Jurock 11" light grey flip windshield and found the stock shouldered bolts don't fit the 7Jurock glass properly. I'm kinda wondering what gives. I find it hard to believe the holes are supposed to be nearly 3mm larger than the shouldered portion of the screws. The bolt shoulder measures 9.00mm, the hole in the windshield measures 11.90mm. That a 2.90mm larger hole than the bolt shoulder.

Tech23

Attachments

·
13,002 Posts
I think they do that so you can center the windshield
did you call them and ask about the holes

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes, I sent them pictures they're looking into it. They never mentioned wiggle room. I want to make sure this isn't a problem before I attempt to mount it.

Tech23

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just happened to have my OEM 9" laying around and the holes are 7/16". They are bigger than the screws.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just happened to have my OEM 9" laying around and the holes are 7/16". They are bigger than the screws.
Thank you. Without having a stock windshield to remove I had no idea how large the holes are supposed to be. So they are 11.11mm (7/16"). Can anyone tell me if these four mounting screws with the shoulder look correct for the stock windshield? I ordered them (from Victory) because the tall shield was mounted with these 6mm button head allen bolts with NO shoulder on them and I wanted to make sure I had the stock mounting bolts on hand for when the new windshield arrived.

Tech23

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
I removed the six screw mount from my XCT and mounted a 9' CC blade 4 screw windshield. I used the screws that my XCT windshield used they had the shoulder on them. I also tried a 13" CC flip that was suppose to work for a 5' 10" rider. I'm 5' 11" and I was looking though the flip part of the windshield so was blinded by the flip. Removed it right away and put the 9" on. I have sense ordered a 14" CC four screw windshield. The Six screw mount holds the OEM 18" windshield out in front of the fairing so there is a gap all the way across the fairing between the windshield and the fairing, so bugs and small stones come though. When you remove the six screw mount the windshield slides under the lip of the fairing so the only opening is the center hole. I like this a lot better. The 18" was to tall could not see over it so reason for trying shorter windshield. cheers

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thank you. Without having a stock windshield to remove I had no idea how large the holes are supposed to be. So they are 11.11mm (7/16"). Can anyone tell me if these four mounting screws with the shoulder look correct for the stock windshield? I ordered them (from Victory) because the tall shield was mounted with these 6mm button head allen bolts with NO shoulder on them and I wanted to make sure I had the stock mounting bolts on hand for when the new windshield arrived.

Tech23
The ones with the shoulders are the ones that came with my bike and are the ones I would use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts