Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I stopped at the Vic store today and checked out the CC and CCT in person and have a few questions about the clutch, audio, and radio and how it's set up from the factory.

1. First concern is the clutch cable and how it's set up... It looks to be about as thick as a 10 speed brake cable... Any issues with the way it's assembled??? Don't really like how it just hangs out there and looks like it could be easily bent/broken/disconnected. Are there other options?? Does the vision hydraulic unit swap in and will it eliminate this exposed cable connection???

2. Audio/Cruise control switches and handle bar wiring.... I wasn't really able to see how the connectors are assembled but these switches sorta look like an after thought. If I went with new bars can these all be stuffed inside the bars?

3. Radio... Are there any options for an aftermarket radio? The stock unit looks pretty proprietary and not easily changeable.

Overall it's a nice bike, haven't been able I ride it yet, and like every Harley I've ever seen there appears to be things that could've/should've been done better/differently from the factory.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I've had no isues with the clutch cable but there is a hydraulic kit available.

My only gripe about the cruise/audio controls is the positioning ... seems the assumption was made that everyone has a long thumb :crzy:

·
Registered
234 Posts
1. I switched to the hydraulic clutch on my CC due to a few were breaking and I personally didn't want to had to deal with it anymore. The hydraulic clutch does clean up the bike center a bit...slave cylinder goes just above primary and is small but i do not mind it. There are a few vids on you tube about this and will give you a better picture of what i am talking about

2. Radio..stuck with stock, however, you can install the Vic XM radio directly into the stock head unit. I have a i pod hook up on mine and basically use it exclusively which is controlled by the switches and is seen on the display. If you do get a cross bike...upgrading speakers and adding an amp is key to hearing clear music at 80

3. switches..i personally don't mind them...my only gripe is that they don't illuminate at night

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
This is my second Victory X bike and my experience with your questions are:

1. Didn't ever have an issue with the clutch cable on my first XC and I don't expect to have and issue with the XCT. It's all about P/M's on this lever and cable.

2. Yeah, the left and right side switches aren't the best but, they seem to work for me. I don't have any other experience to go by from previous bikes, because all of mine were sport bikes, so I don't miss anything specific. I do feel the X-Bikes should have a mute button and back lighting would be helpful. I have read threads were owners have installed aftermarket bars, while running the cables inside.

3. As Magman stated, the best way to upgrade the X-Bikes is an amp with upgraded speakers. Lots of threads on here with excellent write-ups by owners. I plan on doing this mod on my new XCT.

cheers

·
Registered
511 Posts
I don't like clutch cables, all you have to do is order the hydraulic clutch kit for the Vegas/Jackpot bikes and it is a direct bolt on system that takes about 30 minutes.

The only thing you have to do is run the hydraulic line from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder down the left side of the frame instead of the right side like the clutch cable runs. The slave cylinder uses the same mounting bracket that the clutch cables uses at the back of the engine.

The switches are very sturdy. While they look strange at first you will quickly forget all about them as they are well positioned and easy to use and out of the way when not in use.

The radio is what it is, I use an ipod and rarely ever listen to a radio station so it does not bother me. I control the ipod with the radio switches on the left side of the handle bar.

These really are great bikes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts