Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd like to add some type of storage accessible while sitting on the bike. On my VTX I have a nice Willy & Max bag mounted on the handlebars. I haven't found many similar options for the Cross Country though. Any ideas?

I did see several people use a Kury bag (4178) made for HD but that appears to only work if you have the CC with short windshield. I have the taller CCT windshield. Apparently the mounting brackets make the Kury bag not work well, plus you can see all the bag's back-side ugliness through the clear shield.

It doesn't have to be a windshield bag. Anything up front that I can get to easily would be fine. Just want to store sunglasses, maps, kickstand pad, etc. easily without having to hop off and access a saddlebag.

Here's what I have on my VTX:

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
I use a magnetic tank bag. Has a map window, hold lots and removes easily.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I use a magnetic tank bag. Has a map window, hold lots and removes easily.
No matter what the literature says or how hard you try to keep things clean I've never found a tank bag that didn't scratch up the paint. Functional? I agree fully. Just not something I'd put on this machine yet personally.

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
No matter what the literature says or how hard you try to keep things clean I've never found a tank bag that didn't scratch up the paint. Functional? I agree fully. Just not something I'd put on this machine yet personally.
I take these steps...
+ Make certain tank's surface is clean and dust free.
+ Coat with a wax or detailer.
+ Carry a fluffy mirofiber cloth and dust surface prior to remounting bag.
+ After returning (only use tank bag on extended trips) polish with S-100 cleaner/polish and re-wax. One important function of my tank bag is it holds my camelback bag so I can hydrate while under way.
It took me longer to type this than the work involves. thumb up

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he makes then and custo make one for you

http://dragon-bobdesigns.com/index.html
Thanks for the tips so far, folks. I've contacted Dragon Bob and asked for pics from the front of the bike to see what this bag looks like through the windshield on a CCT. No response yet.

The tank bag isn't my preference because of the looks, the fact it would be difficult to secure, and the paint scratching risk.

I'd love something that looked and functioned like this, as long as it looks OK from the front and can be mounted with the taller CCT windshield. This is not my pic. I tried to link to it from another Vic forum but this forum is jealous and won't allow it. Credit to billsdmf for this shot.

Perhaps I'll have to explore painting the lower part of my windshield to block the view and possibly making custom brackets to hold this Kury bag.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No other options, huh? Do most people just store that type of stuff in their saddlebags?

I talked to someone in the know at Polaris. They don't have any offering like this but are considering it for the future. I'm hoping sooner rather than later for that.

Rob

·
Registered
91 Posts
Saddle bags and fairing compartments on my XCT for me yes.

Bought a set of those (way over priced) saddle bag lid pockets and they are handy for very small stuff. Curious to see if the adhesive back velcro survives a summer here in AZ tho..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts