Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

Kingsly here. Picked up my 2012 Vegas 8ball in the beginning of January. Kinda my new years gift from my wife. Ya she rocks. Fairly new to motorcycles. VERY new to Victory. Love this machine, and it loves me back! I like it when a relationship goes both ways.

I am in the Phoenix, AZ metro area. I will edit my sig later to include all the details essential to help answer any questions I may have, and I will have a lot. So far I've learned that Victorys are rock solid, but heavy breathers.

Look forward to digitally meeting some other owners and learning a TON!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so I'm not narcissistic, but I am replying to myself to get the 2 post thing outta the way (ya I actually read the forum rules).

Might as well include a mod list:
So far I'm diggin possibly some new exhaust. The stock note was well put in another thread when someone said their coworkers said their new hball sounded like a sewing machine. Sure does, but only the best sewing machine you have EVER heard!!!!

Ya I'd like some exhaust, either torque tubes or an s&S box. I'd go with the tubes if I knew they were worth the coin. Of course...a fuel controller.

I also some LED engine and wedge covers that look bitchin' camaro. I want those.

I gotta go now though, just saw a banner on here that a hot chick in my area wants to talk. Can't keep her waiting!

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Leigh!

Question for you...I've seen the key relocation units, and I see you have one. Why would someone do this?? Is the stock location in the way for some?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thank you Leigh!

Question for you...I've seen the key relocation units, and I see you have one. Why would someone do this?? Is the stock location in the way for some?
I did it for a couple reasons. First, I just didn't like the key there. Honestly I'm not a fan of the wedges at all. Second, I thought it was a little more old school having the key under the seat area. The stock location wasn't in the way for me, (32" inseam) but I guess people with longer legs might get worried about breaking the key with their knee.

btw, 'm glad to help you up your post count. :D

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Kingsly,
Welcome to the Victory Forums and be congrats on the generous wife!

You are correct Victorys are rock solid but I think most of the heavy breathing comes more from the riders than the bikes...

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Congrats on your 8Ball, and welcome aboard. cheers

I didn't get the "heavy breathers" part ... Care to explain? :confused:

·
Registered
381 Posts
AZ rider

Welcome aboard & congrat's on the new ride. Looks like we are both in the Valley. Before you invest in pipes, might want to swing by AZ Victory on Bell Rd & check out their slammer pipes. Very economical alternative so some of the after market stuff.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey k.
welcome to the madness. Congratulations on the new toy. Almost sorry i told everyone how my co workers called my bike a sewing machine. Ha ha.
I an working on doing a Harley type ignition. Where you can lock it out Mr you don't need your key just turn a switch. Will try to finish and post pictures later.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Leigh: Thanks bro. Always wondered about key relocation and why folks do it. Good reasons.thumb up

Ammo: I agree. I have almost 5k miles on my mistress. Ride gets better every day!

Crossroads: I'm new to Vics and riding a bike, but not to motorcycles in general. I've been around them a lot. More like they've been around me. Living in AZ you see a TON everyday. So you get to hear a lot of bikes and their notes. Hds have their distinctive sound, and it sounds like a motorcycle. Well to me, Vics sound more like a hot rod. Ya stopped and idling the stock sound is pretty mellow. But get the revs up and they sound more like a muscle care than a motorcycle. Kind of like a suped(sp?) up camaro or mustang. Been around cars a lot too. My grandfather owned a wrench shop and the first thing I thought when I was able to open up my Vegas up on the road was..."damn, this sounds more like a race-car than a motorcycle!". Hope this makes sense:confused:

Jokerman: Good to meet another Zonan on a Victory! It's funny, I see quite a few people here from AZ. Riding around for the past few months I think I've seen a total of two other Vics. Weird. What part of town are you in?

Ninja: Ehe, don't worry 'bout it bro. I like the sound so far, not that I don't crave something more. We always do, it's human nature. But the stock sound is pretty decent. Especially considering the fact that it's very deceiving. You wouldn't expect a bike that sounds like this to have the power that they have. I love the sleeper aspect. Looking forward to your finished project pics, very curious about that one.

Everyone: Thanks for taking the time to stop by and welcome me! Very cool site y'all got here. Very impressed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts