Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Victory V92
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just picked up a beautiful V92C and I'm looking on line for a pair of straight pipe slip- ons for it, but can't seem to find direct fit pipes anywhere. Has anyone dealt with this before? Who did you use? Any help would be appreciated. Riding season is close and would like to get this done asap. Thanks

·
Registered
468 Posts
I just now took off straight pipes that used to be on my V92C.
Uggg.
I am telling you buddy, they were really loud.
Ear splitting loud.
Loud like you can't think of anything else loud.

But, you are welcome to them.
Buy earplugs.

Off a 2002 v92C deluxe.

Where are you?
come get 'em before you buy an expensive set and perhaps have buyers remorse?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Myself I never liked the straight pipes sound. It needs some tone not just noise. HD guys seem to like straight pipes, maybe trying to make up for the lack of HP?

·
Registered
2001 Victory V92
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just now took off straight pipes that used to be on my V92C.
Uggg.
I am telling you buddy, they were really loud.
Ear splitting loud.
Loud like you can't think of anything else loud.

But, you are welcome to them.
Buy earplugs.

Off a 2002 v92C deluxe.

Where are you?
come get 'em before you buy an expensive set and perhaps have buyers remorse?
I'm in pa. Where are you? Would gladly take them off your hands.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'm in pa. Where are you? Would gladly take them off your hands.
I am not sure if you got my message? I have trouble navigating this site. If you message me again... that for some reason pops up in my email. do it again and I will send my email. along with an mp4 giving you and idea. this site does not allow the gigantic mp4 files. Anyway, I am happy to send them but want you to know what you are getting.

·
Registered
2001 Victory V92
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not sure if you got my message? I have trouble navigating this site. If you message me again... that for some reason pops up in my email. do it again and I will send my email. along with an mp4 giving you and idea. this site does not allow the gigantic mp4 files. Anyway, I am happy to send them but want you to know what you are getting.
I did get it. My email is [email protected]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interested in your results. I'm wanting to do the same on my '99 V92.I just added the VMRT chip so it should be ready to rock with straights!

Anyone know where you can still get the straight pipe slip ons? do they still exist?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Anyone know where you can still get the straight pipe slip ons? do they still exist?
The ones I sent to Tlojack41 were just the stock pipes stripped out, I think. That is how I got this bike and I HATE the incredibly earsplitting racket that pounds my head and causes permanent ear damage namely tinnitus which will plague a person for their entire life. some of my friends have suffered with it since their early 50's.... a CONSTANT noise so intrusive that they must ALWAYS have a tv or some noise around to drown out the torturous noise.

Perhaps learning the motor sounds instead of putting your ear to the exhaust pipe could become the 'music to your ears'?

PROTECT your hearing with those pipes by wearing earplugs. Keep a pocketful for those who are unlucky enough to ride behind you!

I know many readers think I should shut the **** up cuz 'loud pipes save lives', but, I do not believe that axiom. Cagers do unpredictable moves in an effort to escape the eardrum assault causing another driver to react suddenly and making it nearly impossible for Mr. Loudpipes to anticipate the crazy chain of events. The loudness causes more danger than it eliminates.

·
Registered
2001 Victory V92
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
enquiring minds want to know: what did you end up doing with exhaust?
View attachment 253522
I put them on, sounded pretty good. But not sure what I'm doing. I can't seem to find a nice exhaust for it because no one makes them anymore. Got the filter but still need the Eprom. I would like to put a new exhaust on it, but not going to have to custom fit it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I put them on, sounded pretty good.
I would like to put a new exhaust on it, but not going to have to custom fit it.
Well, at least you know how ungodly loud it can be, and... you do not have hot exhaust gas blowing on you backside!
I do feel for people that want what seems like a simple mod.
How hard can it be to find two stinkin mufflers with that opening?
Are you thinking... maybe I'll put the stock ones back on?
Now ya know how loud straight pipes are, no need to wonder.

with my 2002 V92C Deluxe, I have taken an attitude which includes the idea "JUST FORGET what year it is" and/or "skip wondering if I am spending too much on old bike".
It is a toy.
Get what I want as if it was new.
Or not.
Most people don't buy toys with the intention of retaining their value!

NEW exhaust system, a stage 2, IS AVAILABLE but, they cost just as much for your 20 year old bike as a new one, right?

I am expecting my parts back on thursday May 27, so, soon enough I will learn if the STOCK MUFFLERS are quiet.
Will I need earplugs even with the stock?

Long trips plus loud pipes are very tiring and headache inducing for me.
Plus... the noise seems to attract the hosts from the house of blue lights.
And... I really do not want to wake up everyone in your house as I cruise by during sleepy time.

·
Registered
2001 Victory V92
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, at least you know how ungodly loud it can be, and... you do not have hot exhaust gas blowing on you backside!

with my 2002 V92C Deluxe, I have taken an attitude which includes the idea "JUST FORGET what year it is" and/or "skip wondering if I am spending too much on old bike".
It is a toy.
Or not.

NEW exhaust system, a stage 2, IS AVAILABLE but, they cost just as much for your 20 year old bike as a new one, right?

I am expecting my parts back on thursday May 27, so, soon enough I will learn if the STOCK MUFFLERS are quiet.

And... I really do not want to wake up everyone in your house as I cruise by during sleepy time.

It is a toy.
Or not.

Stock mufflers still give you a good rumble going down the road, but are not nearly as loud. I appreciate them even more now. They are perfect. Ill save the straight pipe experience for the next victory I get. For now, this is the perfect exhaust.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I finally came across used stock pipes for my 2002 v92c deluxe.
The mounting tabs were bent and I have been tryng to mount the darn things.
In the yard, on the lawn, without a vise or workbench, I have had a hard time.

I about got it but now... those gaskets!
Where did you get gaskets?
I may have to break down and order them at $23 each from victory parts.
I tried simply ordering a sett that was like $7 each.
they were too big a diameter but someone told me that since they crush, they will seal fine.
But, they did not fit. Instead, when I tried to slip them on the gaskets just got pushed back into the muffler.

Next try: I will take the mufflers to auto parts store that has free rental of tailpipe expander.
Then I will expand the inlet of the muffler.

With the bike up in the air, I swear the mufflers will bump into the swingarm, but, maybe when lowered it will fit.
For all this work on the bike so far, the exhaust has been the absolute biggest bug-a-boo.

I will never (never say never) buy another motorcycle that is not quiet andd/or needs a muffler job.
I suck at it, and I know I am doing it wrong, but it is no fun.

·
Registered
2001 Victory V92
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I finally came across used stock pipes for my 2002 v92c deluxe.
The mounting tabs were bent and I have been tryng to mount the darn things.
In the yard, on the lawn, without a vise or workbench, I have had a hard time.

I about got it but now... those gaskets!
Where did you get gaskets?
I may have to break down and order them at $23 each from victory parts.
I tried simply ordering a sett that was like $7 each.
they were too big a diameter but someone told me that since they crush, they will seal fine.
But, they did not fit. Instead, when I tried to slip them on the gaskets just got pushed back into the muffler.

Next try: I will take the mufflers to auto parts store that has free rental of tailpipe expander.
Then I will expand the inlet of the muffler.

With the bike up in the air, I swear the mufflers will bump into the swingarm, but, maybe when lowered it will fit.
For all this work on the bike so far, the exhaust has been the absolute biggest bug-a-boo.

I will never (never say never) buy another motorcycle that is not quiet andd/or needs a muffler job.
I suck at it, and I know I am doing it wrong, but it is no fun.
I went to my victory dealer and ponied up for them. Lol

·
Registered
468 Posts
I finallymanaged to bend and stretch the tabs one way or another and got the mufflers on.
It seems like the gaskets being sliced are working ok.
I ended up getting a tailpipe expanding tool from autozone.
I opened the inlet for the muffler enough to put my gaskets in.
Then, the clamps closed over them and squeezed them.
The stock mufflers are not all that quiet though, are they?
Tlojak41 ... did you also buy stock gaskets or did they come with?

·
Registered
2001 Victory V92
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I finallymanaged to bend and stretch the tabs one way or another and got the mufflers on.
It seems like the gaskets being sliced are working ok.
I ended up getting a tailpipe expanding tool from autozone.
I opened the inlet for the muffler enough to put my gaskets in.
Then, the clamps closed over them and squeezed them.
The stock mufflers are not all that quiet though, are they?
Tlojak41 ... did you also buy stock gaskets or did they come with?
I bought new gaskets from the dealer. They had them on stock still.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

I got em on.
The mounts are a little crooked.
I am not sure they do not leak at where they join.
Man, it is still too loud for my preference.

In the end, it may have been only a hundredd or two more to do it YOUR way, and simply get new ones.
Live and learn.

Now I do hear whirrs in these motors eh?

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts