Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a new tire put on my Vegas at 10,250 miles. They replaced the stock dunlop bias ply tire with a Dunlop radial. Now at high speeds (80-90 mph) I get a bit of a wobble that gets worse if I move my feet to the rear pegs.

Could this be caused by the radial tire?

The tire shop said that it was fine to mix radials with bias ply tires as long as the radial was on the back and the bias ply was on the front. Does anyone know for sure?
:(

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had a new tire put on my Vegas at 10,250 miles. They replaced the stock dunlop bias ply tire with a Dunlop radial. Now at high speeds (80-90 mph) I get a bit of a wobble that gets worse if I move my feet to the rear pegs.

Could this be caused by the radial tire?

The tire shop said that it was fine to mix radials with bias ply tires as long as the radial was on the back and the bias ply was on the front. Does anyone know for sure?
:(
Did they balance it correctly?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume so

I have to assume so. This is their bread and butter (motorcycle tires). My buddy has had work done by them and hasn't ever had problems.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have to assume so. This is their bread and butter (motorcycle tires). My buddy has had work done by them and hasn't ever had problems.
I've had tire shops put my car tires back on and let me drive away without weights. You'd think that if the tire was messed up the shop would've noticed it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts