Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been having a strange problem when riding at the beginning of my ride. For the first 10-15 minutes I get the REVERSE of a surge in power - the bike falls off for a second or two and then goes back to normal. I can be on the highway and it will do this once or twice a minute. It isn't a complete falloff - I just feel the bike kinda lag and then go back to normal. And it's intermittent in nature - it doesn't happen with any specific regularity. Now, this can happen on a warm day, so I don't think it's related to weather. Once the bike gets really warmed up, however, it goes away, but this happened on an 84 degree day the other day (I started riding in the middle of the day when it was warm).

Anyone have any idea what this could be and where I should look for the problem?

·
12,984 Posts
how old is battery are the bolts tight. 10mm wrench your hand will lie to you

·
Registered
433 Posts
There is that connector up by the battery that can screw with your Battery voltage to the bike. You can ohm check that. The Vic Shop did a video about ownership basic problem areas. I have seen bad wire connections cause a momentary cut out of firing on jap bikes. A battery cable coming loose will mess with it and eventually shut you down.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, I think was an old/bad batch of gas. I had really bad problems (thought I was going to stall out on the highway) and refilled it after using a tank of gas right before returning home. The next day and ever day after, no problems! So, pretty sure that was the cause.

·
12,984 Posts
get puregass app for phone then you can find non ethanol stations

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I've run many tanks of corn-free. I observed no difference in mileage or performance. On of the stations I used routinely had water in the 100%. I don't bother with it now.

·
Registered
433 Posts
The big Automakers created a Top Tier Gas standard in 2004. In my area that includes Shell and BP. Marathon may have enough STP additives but do not have the cert. Otherwise the Chevron Techtrolean Fuel additive is the real Mccoy. It will not only keep the engine clean but it will also clean the exh. So the greatest thing about TOP Tier gas is the cleaning, maybe prevents 10% Ethon. Damage?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts