Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know these trannys are loud, but lately I've been hearing a loud rattling (for the lack of a better word) noise from the bike, like marbles spinning around in there. It occurs upon acceleration at low rpm mostly when it's cold. I know what detonation sounds like and it doesn't sound like it. The only problem is it occurs intermittently so if I took it to the dealer I know I would get the "can't duplicate" thing. FYI I do warm the bike up properly before riding.

Any ideas? Would the torque compensator make this kind if noise?

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I know these trannys are loud, but lately I've been hearing a loud rattling (for the lack of a better word) noise from the bike, like marbles spinning around in there. It occurs upon acceleration at low rpm mostly when it's cold. I know what detonation sounds like and it doesn't sound like it. The only problem is it occurs intermittently so if I took it to the dealer I know I would get the "can't duplicate" thing. FYI I do warm the bike up properly before riding.

I recently had this happen on my car. I figured it had to be in the tranny or differential as happened in sync with acceleration. Turned out to be a heat shield that came loose.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Does the noise happen also when you're in neutral, with the clutch pulled in?

·
Registered
27 Posts
No, only when accelerating. No noise in neutral or with the clutch engaged.
Torque Compensator rattling seems only to happen when in neutral... not to say that the parts could move around enough to make a noise when accelerating.
I am waiting for " Compensator " parts from my dealer as I had a very loud rattling noise when in neutral.
I would ask your dealer about it anyway.

2011 Crossroads 1100 kms New Brunswick, Canada

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It's still there and driving me nuts. It' only seems to happen when i first take off after being parked for awhile. Took it in today. Hopefully they can duplicate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts