Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks...new guy Nahtg23 here.

I am thinking of buying a Strobe Brake Light Modulator for my 2003 V92TC. The bike is stock and I have a couple gallery pics if any one wants to see the bike. I see there are several aftermarket universal ones. Anyone have any recommendations of a brand? I'm trying to stay $50 and back. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
12,201 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know about your particular application, but...

on bikes wth cruise, "just any old strobe" will not work. I had one but it would not allow the cruse to operate properly...went with this one

https://www.customdynamics.com/universal-magic-strobes-brake-light-flasher?cat=161

multiple settings, easy to install, and allows cruise to work properly
Yea.... they have one..the XP model that has 10 different modes...but only 3 work with my bulb.. incandescent)

The LED bulbs can take advantage of all 10 modes.

I am leaning towards the "BackOff" brand

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
damn thats like tooooooo cheap.!!! But thanks!:nerd
I have ordered many items from Banggood and they never disappointed me. Most items are ones that are on shelves here for 10X the price. Don't knock 'em until you try 'em.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have ordered many items from Banggood and they never disappointed me. Most items are ones that are on shelves here for 10X the price. Don't knock 'em until you try 'em.

Hey Ricz,

like I said I appreciate you replying. I just have never had any good luck with items that are significantly lower than the average price of the competitors.

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
Hey Ricz,

like I said I appreciate you replying. I just have never had any good luck with items that are significantly lower than the average price of the competitors.
Even if its the IDENTICAL item? Hey, its you money, not mine. :devil

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don't know about your particular application, but...

on bikes wth cruise, "just any old strobe" will not work. I had one but it would not allow the cruse to operate properly...went with this one

https://www.customdynamics.com/universal-magic-strobes-brake-light-flasher?cat=161

multiple settings, easy to install, and allows cruise to work properly
I bought a cheaper $15 one off eBay and cruise stopped working, but I found an easy fix posted on a youtube comment. Instructions say cut the white/ pink wire and splice in the modulator also splice in a 330ohm 1/2 watt resistor inline with the modulator. That tells the canbus network not to go any farther down the line and cruise will work again. Ran mine without cruise for a month then I added in the resistor and it worked again.

I'd be happy to help anyone that broke the cruise after adding their module. I still have 4 resistors left cause I bought a 5 pack.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
13,002 Posts
I didn't catch what year and model but you should ask Rylan at the vic shop if your bike can handle it. Some of the early models had funny electrical issues.
No harm in asking

[email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts