Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have the extra $. SO do I get a new gun or HMD gorilla bagger bars?

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I'm not a gun nut so I'd say Gorilla Bars.

(I'm not against guns, I just don't have any)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't have any tattoos. (Bear with me, it's relevant.) When my many friends with tattoos have asked why I don't have any I tell them that every time I have extra cash to throw around, I have to decide between a tattoo or something I want for my bike. The bike always wins. I do own two guns, but the bike still wins most of the time.

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
Guns and you don't have to be a nut to buy one.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
When I said 'gun-nut', I didn't mean to imply some gun-crazy asshole; I meant, and probably should have said, gun enthusiast or hobbyist. Some people call me a bike nut or a an RC nut. That's what I was trying to imply.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Do you need a new gun or want a new gun? Do you need new bars or want new bars? Decide which is a want and which is a need then go from there.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Ok I have the extra $. SO do I get a new gun or HMD gorilla bagger bars?
I was in the same position earlier this year...Do I get that SR40 I've been thinking about or all the extras I've been wanting for the XC?
I asked myself what of the two am I going to get the most enjoyment and use out of? For me it was the accessories.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Get the gun if that is what you really want. I am one of those gun nuts and have passed on doing something to my XR a few times now because of a new gun I would rather have. Just added my first 1911 to my collection and I could have easily done cams, filter, and pcv with what the gun cost.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I guess I don't NEED either so they are both a want. The new pistol (compact Glock 43) would be my daily carry to replace my Glock 31 when Im not on duty. I like the look of the bars, the only thing that I'm not sure of is how well I would like long rides with the taller bars. Since I'm on the taller side the stock bars are a little low for my liking.

·
12,984 Posts
simple what are you going to have in your hands the most.

·
Premium Member
6,037 Posts
Hmmmm vj .... What would be in our hands most, ha ha ha

TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Bars , if you end up not liking them , sell them here and buy your gun .

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Since I'm on the taller side the stock bars are a little low for my liking.
Have you moved your stock bars up yet? Its easy to do, loosen the two down facing hex heads in the bar clamps(just look up in front of the tank). From there you'll have about 2" of height adjustment. Once you find a height you like, the hand controls will need to be adjusted but that's cake too.
I did this adjustment and it made a huge difference in my riding comfort.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Have you moved your stock bars up yet? Its easy to do, loosen the two down facing hex heads in the bar clamps(just look up in front of the tank). From there you'll have about 2" of height adjustment. Once you find a height you like, the hand controls will need to be adjusted but that's cake too.
I did this too , and liked it a lot , BUT , I still want some cool looking bars .:ride:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I may give this a try this afternoon. Although I think I still want those bad-ace bars.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I did this too , and liked it a lot , BUT , I still want some cool looking bars .:ride:
I may give this a try this afternoon. Although I think I still want those bad-ace bars.
I'd like better looking bars too, but if I was going to spend the bucks and time it takes for them, I'd have to go with a set that's adjustable also.....like the Ness modular bars. I just can't see spending that much at this point since the raised stock bars feel fine too me....

Arlen Ness 1.25" Modular Ape Hanger Handlebars For Victory 2008-2016 - RevZilla

1 - 20 of 22 Posts