Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Notice we don't see anything that leads up to this. I wonder if this is road rage...

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
When he saw the car coming at him, why didn't he gas it and go off to his right? Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
When he saw the car coming at him, why didn't he gas it and go off to his right? Inquiring minds want to know.
Might not have been in gear or... it would have moved him into the intersection increasing his risk. He made the BEST move he could. To get away from the risk. SMART defensive rider.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Notice we don't see anything that leads up to this. I wonder if this is road rage...
Why would you even speculate? It's pretty obvious that the sUV driver made a rookie mistake. She got into the intersection and then simply did not complete her turn (even though she would have had the right to turn left on the yellow or even the red after traffic). The SUV driver may have simply been youg and inexperienced so she did what she "thought" was right as in getting out of the intersection in the only space she "thought" was available (where she had come from...some two minutes back perhaps). She likely looked out her drivers-side mirror (because looking over her shoulder would have been more risky in her mind) and didn't see anything. The REASON she didn't SEE the biker is because he was in the WRONG place in the lane. He was in the right-hand side of the lane behind her passenger's view.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Why would you even speculate? It's pretty obvious that the sUV driver made a rookie mistake. She got into the intersection and then simply did not complete her turn (even though she would have had the right to turn left on the yellow or even the red after traffic). The SUV driver may have simply been youg and inexperienced so she did what she "thought" was right as in getting out of the intersection in the only space she "thought" was available (where she had come from...some two minutes back perhaps). She likely looked out her drivers-side mirror (because looking over her shoulder would have been more risky in her mind) and didn't see anything. The REASON she didn't SEE the biker is because he was in the WRONG place in the lane. He was in the right-hand side of the lane behind her passenger's view.

That benefit of the doubt would work, if she hadn't backed completely onto the bike haha, who wouldn't have stopped as soon as contacted the bike, she had too have goosed it too ride up over and ontop of the bike haha

Iceball, cruising the Alaskan Frontier mile by mile.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
I don't think it's obvious at all. SUV backed up suddenly and quickly, and appears to steer directly at the bike. Based solely on the video, one would have to say that the possibility of malicious intent exists.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Gotta be the bikers fault... Black bike 'Dressed in all black how in the world could the driver of the car have seen him? If he was smart he would have been wearing a lime green safety vest and a white helmet then it wouldn't have happen...:rolleyes:
Oh, just to add maybe he didn't have loud pipes, That would have helped..

·
Registered
346 Posts
I saw this video posted else where and it made mention that it was a teenager learning to drive on a permit.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The REASON she didn't SEE the biker is because he was in the WRONG place in the lane. He was in the right-hand side of the lane behind her passenger's view.
Actually The biker was in a totally different lane. The SUV driver crossed from their lane over to the biker's to run the bike over.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
The REASON she didn't SEE the biker is because he was in the WRONG place in the lane. He was in the right-hand side of the lane behind her passenger's view.
You can do everything right... and still get killed! You can replace a thing but not a YOU!

I continue to try and be very focused at all times whether riding or driving a car. I'm still shocked sometimes by a car/truck that seems to come out of nowhere. We are all imperfect!

I think the suv driver hit the accel rather than brake when it contacted the bike. In-experience is the blame.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
You can do everything right... and still get killed! You can replace a thing but not a YOU!

I continue to try and be very focused at all times whether riding or driving a car. I'm still shocked sometimes by a car/truck that seems to come out of nowhere. We are all imperfect!

I think the suv driver hit the accel rather than brake when it contacted the bike. In-experience is the blame.
OMG, that was too close. Kudo's to the motorcycle driver for bailing and saving his own life. Good he was riding solo!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts