Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did try searching and found nothing. I guess I must be the only one that can't set his clock or trip meter.
2011 Cross Country.
I tried following the directions in the little owners book, but no matter what I do with the mode switch I keep going between FM, AM, AUX and never get to the clock or trip meter setup. I must be doing something very wrong. Any hints?

Thanks...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Using the dash selection button which is on the front of the left switch pod. Sitting in the seat, it is on the back side. Once you find the correct button the sequence will work.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I did try searching and found nothing. I guess I must be the only one that can't set his clock or trip meter.
2011 Cross Country.
I tried following the directions in the little owners book, but no matter what I do with the mode switch I keep going between FM, AM, AUX and never get to the clock or trip meter setup. I must be doing something very wrong. Any hints?

Thanks...
Like VRat said, the MODE button you're looking for is not the stereo mode button. It's on the left handle bar, accessible with your index finger. Press on it to switch between trips, and press and hold to reset a trip or change clock.

·
Registered
567 Posts
2011 Cross Country.

Thanks...
Easier than that....go to you tube..there is a video there of step by step....so you can both hear it and see it done.....cheers

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the quick response. Found the correct mode button, set the clock, lost it.... :( But now I know and will get it done. Thanks again. Do any of you guys have the Vic trunk? I ordered one with the bike and was wondering how they were.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks guys for the quick response. Found the correct mode button, set the clock, lost it.... :( But now I know and will get it done. Thanks again. Do any of you guys have the Vic trunk? I ordered one with the bike and was wondering how they were.
I love mine. I can go for a long ride get off for lunch and put my helmet or helmets in the trunk and they are secure. The wife loves the support and the speakers. The one thing i'm doing is getting the ipod cables so i have music whenever i want it...thumb up:D

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O.K... once I got the hang of it everything got set fine. Thanks again.:)

Vegas...thanks for telling me just what I wanted to hear. thumb up

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Ron,

Your new XC looks great, Congratulations! thumb up I have a blue 2011 XC w/trunk on order at the Victory shop in Griswold, CT. I'm down on the shoreline in East Lyme. Where did you take delivery of yours?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Red... I took delivery in Hartford (New England Cycle) where one of my son's friends runs the sales dept. Got a good deal on the bike...better than Blue Book trade in value and cost on the trunk, which they are going to install gratis. Got lucky to partially make up for the hosing I expected to get for a trade in bike I only had since last Nov.

My son grew up in Niantic so I am familiar withthe East Lyme area. I ride through that area a lot during the "riding season". Maybe we can meet for a coffee one day and compare bikes and buzz around the area for a while. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the trunk on my 2011 XC. It is really great when the GF is riin with me. Between the bags and the trunk we load up with a LOT O STUFF. Most times when I'm riding by myself I take it off. They say it takes 30 seconds, I think it is more like 20 seconds to put it on or take it off.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Ron, life is good when we have connections like that. My current bike is at the dealer looking for a buyer. The rainy and cool spring hasn't helped the sale. I've been in this part of CT since 96' (Retired USCG), work in NY now. I'm looking forward to the coffee and ride this "riding season". thumb up

·
Registered
46 Posts
I havent attemped taking it off yet, only had it for a month, so i guess i'll find out how long it will take. I know you said 20 seconds, is that after you have been doing it for a while??? How long was it the first time you did it???
I have the trunk on my 2011 XC. It is really great when the GF is riin with me. Between the bags and the trunk we load up with a LOT O STUFF. Most times when I'm riding by myself I take it off. They say it takes 30 seconds, I think it is more like 20 seconds to put it on or take it off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts