Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regarding radio presets, is there a way to go back and forth from one pre-set to another without having to go forward through all the presets to get back to a desired one? In other words, if I want to go from pre-set 1 to 2, it seems like I have to go all the way through preset 9 to get back to 1. This seems awkward and my owners manual does not cover it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Quick Fix

Get the MP3 adapter wired into your saddlebag and never have to worry about listening to the radio again... :D

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Get the MP3 adapter wired into your saddlebag and never have to worry about listening to the radio again... :D
but you will have an even larger problem trying to organize your playlist. Stop bike, scroll through playlist...Go back to riding. At least with the scrolling radio controls you don't need to stop to change your playlist. You just have to push a few extra buttons.

PS - The one thing I DID (recently) find out is that you can add more and more pre sets. I was trying to reprogram one of the 1st pre sets and all it did was create a new ..additional pre set. I think I now have something like 12 or 14 pre sets. I guess I might (eventually) have to crack open the manual to figure out how to delete pre set #2 out of 12...LOL

·
Registered
88 Posts
You can scroll through songs using the radio controls. cheers

I just make sure that all the songs on my playlist are ones that I like. Then I either keep it set to shuffle or play through by song title.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
You can scroll through songs using the radio controls. cheers

I just make sure that all the songs on my playlist are ones that I like. Then I either keep it set to shuffle or play through by song title.
Will that also work with an iPhone 4? I have never loaded songs onto mine but may do so if I can toggle through the playlist. Ideally, I would want the connection to the bike to be via bluetooth but would be willing to wire it in if necessary to test that feature.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't have an iPhone. But my wife just got one so I'll check it out when I get back home. I keep my old 8GB iPod Nano hooked up in the saddlebag.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have the XCT and it has a iphone cord in the left lower glove box. I had an old iphone and it is plugged in all the time. If I want to listen to tunes, I just turn it on with the mode button. I have full control of what to play. On the radio display it shows what is playing.

Bluetooth would be nice for those that don't have that wire. I would like the bluetooth to connect to my droid phone (which is in my pocket). With my phone I could then be listening to Pandora.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ideally, I would want the connection to the bike to be via bluetooth but would be willing to wire it in if necessary to test that feature.
You're going to need to use the iPod connection kit if you want song info on the display and the ability to control your iDevice using the handlebar controls.

·
Registered
418 Posts
To get from a radio preset not #1 back to #1 just advance the station with the tune and then hit preset again, back to #1.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To get from a radio preset not #1 back to #1 just advance the station with the tune and then hit preset again, back to #1.
That solves my issue in a simple way, THANKS!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts