Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

It's red, I know that much but I need a touch up stick for my XR. It's registered in 2013 but I think it's a 2012MY (going on the owners manual)

I phoned my local dealer but they weren't very helpful, told me they didn't think Victory did touch up sticks and said they'd call me back (nothing yet!)

Colorrite.com told me it was R592 Crimson Red Metallic but the dealer seems to think it is Sunset Red.

Here's a picture:

Can anyone confirm the colour before I order a touch up online?

I'm thinking this is the one that I need:

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
You have a Sunset Red Vic....the best and fastest color btw :grin
The pen you linked to is correct

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hi,

It's red, I know that much but I need a touch up stick for my XR. It's registered in 2013 but I think it's a 2012MY (going on the owners manual)

I phoned my local dealer but they weren't very helpful, told me they didn't think Victory did touch up sticks and said they'd call me back (nothing yet!)

Colorrite.com told me it was R592 Crimson Red Metallic but the dealer seems to think it is Sunset Red.

Here's a picture:

Can anyone confirm the colour before I order a touch up online?

I'm thinking this is the one that I need: 2012 Victory Cross Roads Motorcycle Touch-Up Paint EcoPen - Gloss Sunset Red Tricoat VIC012 - Basic Package: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Thanks in advance!
Don't know about Victories, But most bikes have a color code sticker on the back of a side cover..

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Whauw you found paint sticks ?? Hmmm must look into this

·
Registered
471 Posts
You have a Sunset Red Vic....the best and fastest color btw :grin
The pen you linked to is correct
Come on! you know Black is the fastest color, :wink

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I'd like to get that Sunset Red in a spray bomb .... anyone know where?

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Come on! you know Black is the fastest color, :wink
Black is not a color.....its "lack of color". Plus it absorbs sunlight which causes a molecular level drag anound the black parts of these bikes thus causing a slow-down effect though ambient air.
See how that works?

:nerd

·
Registered
367 Posts
I thought you could get the small touch up and rattle cans from the dealers in all of the colours that Vic sells. I have the two Imperial blue touch up brush if anybody wants them??? I painted my bike Tequila gold so no longer needed.

i never had much luck with touch ups anyhow it always looks worse than the chip

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought you could get the small touch up and rattle cans from the dealers in all of the colours that Vic sells.
You are probably right your side of the pond. I get the impression that Victory UK don't quite provide the same level of support/back up. We shall see though!

I nearly fell off my chair when they quoted me over £900 (1250USD) for a backrest and rack too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts