Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So...we took our first trip to Sturgis this year and after 15 minutes there managed to have our first accident ever. While making a left hand turn onto Hwy 16 towards Mt. Rushmore, we hit an unseen oil slick and in a split second found ourselves on the ground doing loop de loops through the intersection. I'm still in a bit of sticker shock as to the cost to repair what looked like minor/moderate damage, but we walked away with only minor strains, bruises, and scratches. It was amazing how many people came to our aid and helped us get the bike up within moments of laying it down. I truly appreciate all of the great people that helped us get back on the road and made sure we were safe.

My fiance and I are sold on Victory and their engineering. Although the tip-over guards are designed primarily for stationary events...they kept the motorcycle from rolling over on us while turning at about 10 mph and prevented us from sustaining serious injuries.

Attachments

·
13,003 Posts
I wonder if it was oil. One year in yellowstone I went down myself. I hit a patch of antifreeze from some over heating car or motor home.

There are some color matching parts on ebay

·
Registered
209 Posts
Rub some dirt on it. It'll be okay. They make chrome covers for the tip overs.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Really glad you guys are ok .... Don't let this deter you from continued enjoyment riding . Small mishaps can happen , be safe .cheers

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
LUCKY .... most people fall / tip over alone, but you with the Mrs. Good save ... good job on Victory fall protection..

Make me thinking for long time about crash bars on a Jackpot, maybe it will not suit the bike, but repairing would cost me dearly

I always figured 4" extensions would make trouble, but the coolest crash-bars are these ..... as per pictures ... could it work ?? maybe not

Price USD 600
Victory Motorcycles Forged Highway Bar Chrome Cross Country Cross Roads | eBay

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LMAO.

Well...we decided to get it fixed. Damn those fairings and tipover guards are expensive. Glad we had good insurance.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Wow! Same bike opposite side. Maybe we could build a third Vision with our busted up parts. That loss of traction on a turn sure puts you down in a hurry. Glad you are both ok. I'm guessing yours was still rideable. My footboard was bent up with the tipover protector, so depressing the rear brake was tough. I'm still waiting to get mine out of the shop. The rear tipover protector came in a box marked Silver, but it was black. They had to reorder the bracket for the footboard/brake also because it came in black. And, the front fender is on backorder until Oct 23rd. Did you get the last one before me? Nice choice on the Vision.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL. Well I got mine back a few weeks ago...love the bike even more. Now if old man winter weren't coming...I'd get some more riding in.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Got mine back Saturday and have ridden it every day since. Definitely had withdrawal symptoms. They are a sweet machine. A little tentative on corners at the moment. :)

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts