Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
...and people ask me why I don't go there or any bike week event. Never have, never will. I much prefer "rallies" that are more like family reunions. Lots of parking, no waits at restaurants, open roads and reasonable motel rates. If this makes me a stodgy old biker, than so be it. I'm cool with that.
In a week, I'm heading out with three buddies to do Idaho's Lolo Pass, one of the America's Ten Best MC roads. Its good to know that the posers, carousers and crashers will not be on that road. Just us serious riders.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
...and people ask me why I don't go there or any bike week event. Never have, never will.

Its good to know that the posers, carousers and crashers will not be on that road. Just us serious riders.

No one asked....

Out of the 500K that was there, those stats don't look bad at all. I'll take those odds any day.

Glad to know your play it safe and slow lifestyle is working out for you. Enjoy being on the one road in America that there will be no "posers, carousers, and crashers" will be on.

Oh, you do know the rally is over, right?

Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

·
13,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No one asked....

Out of the 500K that was there, those stats don't look bad at all. I'll take those odds any day.

Glad to know your play it safe and slow lifestyle is working out for you. Enjoy being on the one road in America that there will be no "posers, carousers, and crashers" will be on.

Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.
So you don't like others opinion.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
So you don't like others opinion.

If they have zero effect on my life, no. No I don't.

Especially if they come off holier than thou.

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
If they have zero effect on my life, no. No I don't.
Especially if they come off holier than thou.
Theja1 is wearing his "I'm easily offended" hat today. Its color matches his thin skin. So how is it possible that anything I wrote affected your life, eh theja1?
WARNING! Anyone here who expresses an opinion is now "holier than thou according to theja1. Opine if you dare.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
So how is it possible that anything I wrote affected your life, eh Theja?

Lol...found nothing offensive in either of your posts, well, except maybe that attempt at humor.

To your question above, nothing you said did. If you read the posts above, you would catch that.

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Then why the reactions? C'mon now, fess up. Its bad enough I live in a city full of jerks who have to have their way and have no tolerance for other's opinions or beliefs (remember the post election riots here in Portland?) but I thought we here could get along. Peace bro.

·
Registered
144 Posts
No one asked....

That was really tacky. He voiced his opinion. I think in this country people are still allowed to do that. No the stats are not bad, but some of us prefer to ride and think a little safer than others. That doesn't make us posers or anything else. Just smarter. You seem to have little man syndrome, and think it's your way or the highway. GET OVER YOURSELF. LEARN TO PLAY NICE.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Then why the reactions? C'mon now, fess up. Its bad enough I live in a city full of jerks who have to have their way and have no tolerance for other's opinions or beliefs (remember the post election riots here in Portland?) but I thought we here could get along. Peace bro.

I've been to the Sturgis and Daytona rallies. Never had a problem, saw a wreck, a fight, or really anything bad. Just a bunch of people having fun on, around, and because of motorcycles.

Your post just came off to me as saying only the people who are posers, cause wrecks, and such are there. Very far from the truth.

500k people on bikes for 10 days and a tiny, small fraction of a percent have issues? That sounds like going somewhere where nearly everyone is experienced and responsible. And I've been there...and it is.

I apologize if my post seemed harsh or unfair. I thought you might be tolerant of other people's views. (That's a joke there).

Peace.

Reactions: SkInM4N

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
but some of us prefer to ride and think a little safer than others.

How do you ride and think safer than others? Is that one of those "safe places" things I've heard about on the news?

Sorry if my posts invaded your safe place.

·
Registered
144 Posts
How do you ride and think safer than others? Is that one of those "safe places" things I've heard about on the news?

Sorry if my posts invaded your safe place.

Here you go again, just when I thought you could play nice.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Theja1, there are many ways to ride safer than others, as there are to ride less safe. I won't go into describing them them as that would give you more fuel for your overdose of vitriol.
This is so sad, because you can be a nice guy when you want to be.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
To each their own, right? I own my sled and I'll ride it how I feel appropriate and so should you. As long as it isn't endangering anyone else I support each person to ride to whatever level of skill, finance, time, need, or desire they can.

Party on Wayne!

Skin

·
Registered
426 Posts
I remember way back at Sturgis when the HD's were parked on 1 side of the river and everything else parked across it. They all went and looked back and forth at other bikes, had a good time.

Now? I refuse to go there. Duck walk your bike all over in the heat while trying to find impossible parking, drunks puking, fighting and being loud at the camp grounds, pissin all over the ground. 15 years back was the ast time when 2 lesbians got into a knock down drag out in the tent next me and the sh!t really hit the fan when the one walked to my freakin tent and sat down to cry about it....and her GF went mental...no thanks.

I wonder how many of those crashes were booze or drug induced? I have better things to do than go to Sturgis these days and follow the 100K trailers for 900 miles. That's why I just tend to ride by myself or small groups on longer runs. Out of half a million bikes, who is really looking at what you ride anyway?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I remember way back at Sturgis when the HD's were parked on 1 side of the river and everything else parked across it. They all went and looked back and forth at other bikes, had a good time.

Now? I refuse to go there. Duck walk your bike all over in the heat while trying to find impossible parking, drunks puking, fighting and being loud at the camp grounds, pissin all over the ground. 15 years back was the ast time when 2 lesbians got into a knock down drag out in the tent next me and the sh!t really hit the fan when the one walked to my freakin tent and sat down to cry about it....and her GF went mental...no thanks.

I wonder how many of those crashes were booze or drug induced? I have better things to do than go to Sturgis these days and follow the 100K trailers for 900 miles. That's why I just tend to ride by myself or small groups on longer runs. Out of half a million bikes, who is really looking at what you ride anyway?

You have me confused...there is no river in Sturgis. Not even a stream.

We were there for the 75th rally that had nearly 900K there, and nothing you described fits anything we experienced or saw.

You must be describing another Sturgis. This thread is about Sturgis, SD...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have been to Sturgis, once, and that was the one and only time. It isn't for me, but to each his own. I will however say that those that defend it as not being wild and crazy, or "I haven't ever seen any of those things", I simply will reply......Bullshit. It is fine that you like the stuff that goes on there, and you want to be involved in the environment, but please don't insult the intelligence of the folks on here to say that all the reported wildness simply doesn't exist. It most certainly does. Whenever you get a mass of people in a confined space like that, chaos is going to result. Period. Some of us don't lilke that, and choose to not participate. I wanted the experience, so I went and I got way more than I bargained for. But that is just me. Too many folks, too much craziness for me. Not saying anything about the people that love it, because more power to you. But don't be assinine when someone has a different opinion of it than you do. That isn't right.

It is very much like the differences in riders that you see on the roads. Some are into the "lifestyle" (regardless of the brand of bike they ride), and want to be 'bikers'. All well and good. Others, like myself, are more interested in the feel of the ride, the experience of the open road, and challenge of riding a motorcycle the proper way. I have been asked many times about being a 'biker'. I always reply that I have no idea what being a 'biker' is. I am a motorcycle enthusiast. Not trying to be something I am not, not looking for a 'lifestyle', just love motorcycles. Riding them, talking about them, looking at them, etc......

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sheeeit....

We kill more people at Twin Peaks on a Sunday 'round these parts.

Posers. All of them.

Reactions: SkInM4N and theja1
1 - 20 of 33 Posts