Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the big Sturgis, SD rally is coming up, but is anyone planning on going to the Sturgis, MS rally? It got cancelled a few years ago, the reasons will vary depending on who you ask, but it is supposed to start back up this year, the weekend of August 15th I believe. I'm sure,it'll be a sea of HD, but are any of y'all thinking about going?

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I didn't even know there was such a thing.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not a lot of people do I reckon. It used to have a pretty big turnout from what I hear. We'll see how this one goes, being the first time in a few years.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I was going to ride up there, but work got in the way...

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I know how that is. It sucks having to work for a living. Cuts into my riding time

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm not into the big "must be seen at rallies"...Sturgis, Bike week,..and such . I like the smaller ones...and not to sound "snobbish" but those that are brand specific .

I have attended B/Week, B/toberfest, Americade, H/Hoot...all just seem too crowded. wait in line for everything, IMO prices @ vendors ...inflated , gouging room rates...etc.

I headed out for the Hunter NY Victory rally earlier this year, but my sciatica got to pounding...so I headed back home. If there are no more this year ?..I'll try for one next year.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It definitely isn't a "big rally" it's in the small town of Sturgis, MS. I'm sure the vendor (vendor being a guy selling t shirts out of his trailer) prices will be ridiculous, but all event t shirts are pretty durn high. Still, it should be entertaining at the very least. Brings the town pretty good money too

·
Registered
95 Posts
I saw the video that victory posted on youtube. Looked like the vic folks had a blast last year. But its 1800 miles from me. I ll just stick with daytona and myrtle beach.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wrong Sturgis lol it's about 570 miles give or take from Sturgis ms to Concord nc

·
Registered
483 Posts
There is a "Sturgis. Ms rally and used to be a rally in Sturgis Michigan. Read the announcements for both, never attended either.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am referring to Sturgis in Mississippi. It seems to be a rather small event, so I am not surprised you haven't heard of it

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well there was a much better turn out than I thought there would be. Lots of cool custom work, also saw some Vic's. 2 v92c, 2 v92tc, a boardwalk, a xr, antifreeze green xc, Vegas 8-ball, a vision and a kp with an awesome custom paint job. Next year should be even better!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm not into the big "must be seen at rallies"...Sturgis, Bike week,..and such . I like the smaller ones...and not to sound "snobbish" but those that are brand specific .

I have attended B/Week, B/toberfest, Americade, H/Hoot...all just seem too crowded. wait in line for everything, IMO prices @ vendors ...inflated , gouging room rates...etc.

I headed out for the Hunter NY Victory rally earlier this year, but my sciatica got to pounding...so I headed back home. If there are no more this year ?..I'll try for one next year.
I agree about the larger rallies. Went to Mountainfest in Morgantown, WV. Pretty good rally. Organizers need to do a little better job. weather has a tendancy to suck. Best is the Apple Mountain Festival in Little Orleans, MD. Just the right size. Great events and crowd. Will be making that trip again.

Sturgis,MS never quite made it to my to do list. It had a reputation of being a MUD-FEST..... literally. Don't know if that rep was deserved or not.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went yesterday and the weather was great. A little warm, but I was also wearing jeans and boots. I refuse to ride in shorts. It hasn't rained in awhile, so the ground was dry, no mud at all

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I went yesterday and the weather was great. A little warm, but I was also wearing jeans and boots. I refuse to ride in shorts. It hasn't rained in awhile, so the ground was dry, no mud at all

We were there (Southern Cruisers out of Tuscaloosa). Good (hot) weather and a decent turn out. We brought over 38 bikes. Not sure how the park ($20 to get in was) but the main drag was fun to look at bikes but not much else. The guy with the big long horns on his helmet was entertaining.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll have to look y'all up. There wasn't much else besides looking at the bikes on the main road and the other ones scattered around. The guy with the horns is called goober. I have no idea where he got the name, but I met him through a friend at the rally. He's quite a character

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I'll have to look y'all up. There wasn't much else besides looking at the bikes on the main road and the other ones scattered around. The guy with the horns is called goober. I have no idea where he got the name, but I met him through a friend at the rally. He's quite a character

He was having a good damn time, lol. Southern Cruisers chapter 197...we are the fastest growing chapter in the nation, now with right at 300 members. We regularly ride into MS. I'm from Louisville originally.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 26 Posts