What's your favorite ride out there?

Mine is Spearfish Canyon
If it was me riding to Sturgis i would ride my victory
Smile

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Not sure what is my favorite ride. But on the 28th I'll be RIDING that way.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Needles is kewl and mount rushmore is very impressive...8)

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
My fave is connecting the Iron Mountain Hwy. with the Needles Hwy. and anytime other than during "the event." Too many flatlanders clogging those roads.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
This will be my 3rd trip to Sturgis. My first attempt end up with a totaled 03 TC and me in pretty bad shape. Then in 07, 2 years later. I made the trip again and made it on a 04 TC. So it's been 11 years since my last trip and I'm sure things have changed. We will get there on Monday, July the 30th and leave on Friday August the 3rd. That's the day the rally actually starts. The crowd will be big enough for me the week before. I have a friend that made the Sturgis run, like 22 years straight. Several times on a sportster. But I'm pretty sure this will be my last one.

·
13,040 Posts
go up to bell fushe and then head west to devils tower. Then go over mountain down to sundance wednesday is the big burn out day. Neediels is good the animal park ride donkeys like food. Down to nemo then over the pass to sturgis. Pleasant ride down to keystore then back road over to custer.
At rest areas you can find this free map or on line. Careful some gas station don't say if they have ethanol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Burnout day in Sundance is awesome. Went a few years back to meet an old friend. We watched a 70 year old guy on a Knuckle head win. Good times. Damn I miss my good friend Tom.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Like to ride the Badlands Park. Haven't done that...yet
If you do go, see the video in the visitors center showing how the park was formed by several ice ages. That means there were warming ages too, right? Most of our National Parks were formed by climate changes and there are those who think we can stop them.

·
13,040 Posts
Crazy Horse is the biggest scam ever. They started work back when. They have never done any work on it.
After spearfish canon you can go down to gillette WY. Or go up the hill and ride up to the top of Terry Peak shy lodge. Great mountain view.
If you don't have a room or camp site call now because tomorrow will be to late

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
If you do go, see the video in the visitors center showing how the park was formed by several ice ages. That means there were warming ages too, right? Most of our National Parks were formed by climate changes and there are those who think we can stop them.
There definitely were climate changes before, but it has never accelerated in the past like it's doing right now.
Take a look at this easy-to-follow temperature graph. It starts from 20,000BC and is broken up into 500-year segments. Source information is on the upper right edge. It's pretty amazing what it looks like in this time scale, especially for the last 150+ years.

https://xkcd.com/1732/

https://www.nature.com/articles/nature10915
Response by Marcott et al. « RealClimate
https://www.clim-past.net/9/367/2013/ (download link on the right)
https://crudata.uea.ac.uk/cru/data/temperature/
IPCC - Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Crazy Horse is the biggest scam ever. They started work back when. They have never done any work on it.
After spearfish canon you can go down to gillette WY. Or go up the hill and ride up to the top of Terry Peak shy lodge. Great mountain view.
If you don't have a room or camp site call now because tomorrow will be to late
Crazy horse is not a scam sir. It takes time to sculpt something that size. Mt Ruchmore will fit in Crazyhorses head. Not to mention they exist on donations only. They refuse to take federal money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts