Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and can't find a definitive answer...

If the bike is hot, it doesn't do this but... say I've been stopped at a gas station for 15 minutes and then leave. When I take off with the throttle in my usual 1/3-1/2 position like I always have it when accelerating from a stop, the bike stutters/hesitates on me. If I back off a little or nail it, its fine.

Maybe I'm getting used to the bike but it feels like its a little down on power too. It used to surge if I had the rpms too low begging me to give it more throttle and now its tamed down.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nope, I bought it a few months back with 4,200 miles and have put probably 1,300 miles on it since then. I'll definitely have them cleaned when it goes to the shop for upgrades this week. I really just want to make sure I don't have a bad TPS or fuel pump (which I doubt due to it running great when hot) before it hits the dyno. It would suck if they had it all apart and didn't fix what's wrong before going back together. It's also getting new plugs along with the upgrades.

Edit: I searched a little deeper and came across this thread...
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=2281&highlight=hesitation

I didn't put two and two together til I read this thread. I'm positive I have an intake leak. I've noticed what I thought was an exhaust leak coming from the engine while I was riding but my bike has never popped on decel. As I was riding, I kept playing with the throttle to listen for the leak and having an intake leak explains all my symptoms.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Start with the cheap easy things first. Clean the injectors and change the air filter.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Winter fuel blends

Mine has developed a periodic cough since winter-gasoline blends have been introduced into stock; and I have added Sta-Bil (a couple of times after cold spells), in anticipation of finally putting it to winter rest (done today). I'd worry about it next May. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts