Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the things i didnt like about the Vic was I felt the mirrors were to close in. Anyone have an recommendation for mirror set that sticks out a bit farther ?
Jim

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Try this and I think you'll appreciate the OEM mirrors a lot more.......
Adjust them so you can see down the ADJACENT lanes, not directly behind you. To me, that's far more import to see if anything is there in case I need to make a quick lane change. To see behind me, I simply move my head. I adjust side view mirrors on my four wheelers the same for the same reason. I don't want to see ANY of my car in those mirrors. After all, there's already a rear view mirror, you don't need three for krisakes.
Another advantage to adjusting bike mirrors away from directly behind is you don't get headlights bouncing off the mirrors into your eyes at night.
Try it, you'll like it. :)

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Mirror Possibilities

1) What Ric said.

2A) You could get the Rivco mirrors, with the turn signals, like I did. From my write-up at Adding Rivco LED Mirrors to a Victory Cross Country Motorcycle , almost at the bottom:

The handlebar mount to the center of the housing ball-and-socket area on the stockers is almost exactly 5", while that distance on the Rivcos is about 7 1/8". Let's see, assuming about a 45° stalk angle, and using the Pythagorean Theorem, means that the sideways difference is about 1½"

2B) Or these Chrome Glow mirrors -- Oval Motorcycle Mirrors with LED Turn Signals -- which also have turn signals, but are somewhat less expensive. Under the Features tab at that page, it says, "Stem measures 7" long."

3) You could look into extenders, such as the $36 ones from Motowerk that webBikeWorld reviewed recently. See Motowerk Mirror Extenders Review - webBikeWorld (although the ones from that particular company may not be available for Vics).

4) Wait for more answers, because there are hundreds of aftermarket mirrors out there.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
I'm fairly happy with my stock mirrors, the stems rust, but that's just another bonus of living near a beach..
There's far worse mirrors than Vic's,
The bike I'm currently riding (Gpz900r) I have to lift an arm and look under it in the mirror reflection to see behind me.
Alongside I always turn my head, head check is the best way.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
yep 10mm x 1.25 pitch right hand threads both sides, watch yamaha mirrors though they generally have a right and left hand threaded stalk

·
Registered
304 Posts
I was never a fan of the "objects in mirror" mirrors but was getting used to it - then I drug out the Drifter the other day and I had put the mirrors off my 1600 Nomad on it and damn I liked them! So off they came and now are on the Vic. And they are great!

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Wonders how many riders just rely on mirrors vs head check..

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
426 Posts
I broke one a while back and got the ones with the skeleton hand holding them. I love them.
I have the Kuryakyn Skelly hand mirrors also. They are taller and set out more than the stockers. I see much better in them.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Wonders how many riders just rely on mirrors vs head check..
Far, far too many MB. When you're riding a motorcycle your head needs to on a swivel. When I ride I never stare straight ahead, my eyes are always scanning, checking road conditions, mirrors and instruments and my head is always checking my blind spot which would be directly to my left and right, the 9 and 3 O'clock position.

The #1 tip I give new riders is scan and ride paranoid. They ARE out to get you.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Far, far too many MB. When you're riding a motorcycle your head needs to on a swivel. When I ride I never stare straight ahead, my eyes are always scanning, checking road conditions, mirrors and instruments and my head is always checking my blind spot which would be directly to my left and right, the 9 and 3 O'clock position.

The #1 tip I give new riders is scan and ride paranoid. They ARE out to get you.
I agree. I scan all the time as well and I assume everyone is going to pull out in front of me. What I hate is cars with very dark class. You can't see if they are even looking, so I assume they are not and move over to the other lane

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I like the look of the new Victory Beveled mirrors , I think Ness makes them but have a nice large glass and the stems look magnificent .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts