Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder if any of you guys have found a throttle lock that will work on the X bikes? Don't want to spend for an OEM cruise control. Just something to rest my throttle hand on long rides.....

Any out there you'all found that will get the job done?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I used the Witchdoctor unit on my Kingpin and I thought it worked pretty well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
BreakAway

I installed a Brakeway Cruise Control on my Suzuki. Was happy with the look and functionality. It made me realize that my next bike had to have full function Cruise Control. The model number was 7CP01 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Brakeaway is the way to go. Its a well made product and I liked the safety aspect of it. Had it on my Hammer.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed a Brakeway Cruise Control on my Suzuki. Was happy with the look and functionality. It made me realize that my next bike had to have full function Cruise Control. The model number was 7CP01 if I remember correctly.
I'll look at it, thanks! I have some long rides planned and would love to rest both hands (not at once!) while gobbling miles.

·
Premium Member
13,731 Posts
I've been using the SAC Grips with the cruise control option for years on my XC. Almost since new in 2011.

I don't like the Victory cruise control because it moves the grip around. If it's going to move; I'd rather do it myself. It's simply friction type setup which is easy to engage or disengage.

Grips - CoolSAC

Lots of different styles to choose from.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
I use a Go Cruise. When I was getting the link to the Go Cruise for you all I found out there is now a Go Cruise 2. I like mine, easy to use, no install, takes seconds to pop on and off, inexpensive and effective.

I know it looks kinda of funky when its on, but its function over form and really the 2 seconds it takes to get off and on means you only need it on when you're gonna use it. Mine's on all the time.

Now along that line there's also the Omni-Cruise which is a blatent rip off of the
Go Cruise. I saw them at the Motorcycle show last year and called him on it. He admitted he used to work for Go Cruise and made the improvements but the owner of the original wasn't willing so he did them and split off. Looks like he took it to heart and upgraded.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been using the SAC Grips with the cruise control option for years on my XC. Almost since new in 2011.

I don't like the Victory cruise control because it moves the grip around. If it's going to move; I'd rather do it myself. It's simply friction type setup which is to engage or disengage.

Grips - CoolSAC

These look pretty cool - which one fits our machines? Is it the Harley/non metric one

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use a Go Cruise. When I was getting the link to the Go Cruise for you all I found out there is now a Go Cruise 2. I like mine, easy to use, no install, takes seconds to pop on and off, inexpensive and effective.

I know it looks kinda of funky when its on, but its function over form and really the 2 seconds it takes to get off and on means you only need it on when you're gonna use it. Mine's on all the time.

Now along that line there's also the Omni-Cruise which is a blatent rip off of the
Go Cruise. I saw them at the Motorcycle show last year and called him on it. He admitted he used to work for Go Cruise and made the improvements but the owner of the original wasn't willing so he did them and split off. Looks like he took it to heart and upgraded.
This would be the easiest installation, for sure!

·
Premium Member
13,731 Posts
These look pretty cool - which one fits our machines? Is it the Harley/non metric one
I would contact them. It's probably the metric ones. The one I'm using were on a Harley previously owned but I had to make significant changes in the throttle housing to make it work.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Definitely BrakeAway. Not cheap, just the best. I will always have one if there's no built in one.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have the original GO cruise. I like that Omni gadget, though. Looks like few bucks more than the GO cruises' #2 , but has that nice thumb tab..

·
Registered
8 Posts

I use the omni cruse and it works great! No slop in the throttle helps. I can take both hands off, lean back and relax. About 40 bucks is a good price!

·
Registered
151 Posts

I don't like the Victory cruise control because it moves the grip around. If it's going to move; I'd rather do it myself. It's simply friction type setup which is easy to engage or disengage.

Grips - CoolSAC

BBob
Which grip did you order? There website only has Metric and Harley. Looking at there install instructions for Metric you must have a throttle sleeve to glue the grip to. I emailed CoolSAC but did not get a reply.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,731 Posts
BBob
Which grip did you order? There website only has Metric and Harley. Looking at there install instructions for Metric you must have a throttle sleeve to glue the grip to. I emailed CoolSAC but did not get a reply.
Thanks
I've had mine for 6-7 years and it was originally bought and installed on a Harley I had. I did have to modify the cable receiver but it came with a throttle sleeve. I thought they all did. They must come with a throttle sleeve when it comes with cruise control otherwise it couldn't work.

I have had great luck with them in both communication and customer service. You might try emailing them again. I hope nothing happened to their custom grip maker.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts