Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be picking up my new XC on the 15th. I am having Lloyd's Air Filter Assembly installed along with the dealer's exhaust modficatons. Anything else need to be done?

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I will be picking up my new XC on the 15th. I am having Lloyd's Air Filter Assembly installed along with the dealer's exhaust modficatons. Anything else need to be done?
Fuel controller. :confused:

When the tank is off for the air filter, it's the perfect opportunity to clean the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

When the tank is off for the air filter, it's the perfect opportunity to clean the throttle bodies.

Jeez, I hope they won't need cleaning, damned thing only has 6 miles on it!!!!

(Should have said it is a new 2013)

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

How do you clean them? They're buried in the frame. Is there something people spray in there on them?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Throttle bodies do not need to be cleaned on any Victory from 2008 to current. This only apples to 99-07 bikes.

And to answer the OP's question: CAMS!

·
Registered
403 Posts
1). Most deposits are combustion deposits, not crank vent deposits.
2). The IAC blows air over the tb's keeping them clean, plus the new fuel injection is less affected by what little does build up.
3) there is no way to clean them on anything with a stock airbox anyway, you'd have to pull the motor.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
1). Most deposits are combustion deposits, not crank vent deposits.
2). The IAC blows air over the tb's keeping them clean, plus the new fuel injection is less affected by what little does build up.
3) there is no way to clean them on anything with a stock airbox anyway, you'd have to pull the motor.
Nice. Scratching that off my "to do" list for tomorrow. Thanks! cheers

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Bolt on every bit of chrome Kuyakyn makes for your bike. =)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thumb up
Bolt on every bit of chrome Kuyakyn makes for your bike. =)
Naw, but thanks anyway...... Going for the blacked out look with the Nuclear Orange Suede color....... Tired of polishing chrome, aluminum and stainless steel (on my Norton).

Lloyds will be at my Dealer during bike week the first part of October. I will arrange to have it dyno tuned and see what the deal is then. I think that they will point me in the right direction.

thumb up

·
Registered
690 Posts
I'm still saving for my XC, but my list of mods include.... Lloydz air filter, VM1 cams, and an auto tune device. Either Cobra, or PC. Perhaps Lloyd will have his out soon. ??? Oh, be sure to throw some pics up here when you can !

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
thumb up

Naw, but thanks anyway...... Going for the blacked out look with the Nuclear Orange Suede color....... Tired of polishing chrome, aluminum and stainless steel (on my Norton).

Lloyds will be at my Dealer during bike week the first part of October. I will arrange to have it dyno tuned and see what the deal is then. I think that they will point me in the right direction.

thumb up
Lloydz is coming out with an updated controller. They're still working on the design and I have not been able to pump any details out of them. If you learn anything about it at Bike Week, do let us know. :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts