Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pop got up and showered. Did my maintenance thang to the Vic. Somewhere around 50 miles later I got to a run for vets families.
The cause was a whole lot better than the organizational skills of the road captain and his blockers, but hey, nobody got hit by a semi so it's all good. Saw some nice country in the foothills and then had a moment of remembrance at a military graveyard. I'm a sucker for paying it forward and back east I kept myself busy with Pat Guard and whatnot and Memorial Day always is good for big runs but out here in Colorado I'm ignorant so I got lucky on this one.

Then, after the run got back to origin I bailed. Up into them thar hills. It is a good thing to have the Rockies for your backyard. I punished the Vic today and it did not flinch. I have yet to crease them footboards and I give it hell today. From high plains all the way up past the snowline I got to finally really solo wind that thing up.

Oh yeah. Stumbled into Blackhawk and I'm saying that no matter how the Megabucks plays out, I already had a run of luck playing three card and did good enough in about an hour to pay for the gas, food, vets donations and fun and still had to detour around to the bank on the way home to sock away a fair chunk.

Old biker nirvhana. A run for a cause, a few hundred miles of twisties in the by gawd Rocky Mountains and I got paid to do it.

Gonna be a good summer.

Here's a few pix

Attachments

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...and a few more

The one of the windscreen is for a view of the GPS. Riot!
Switchbacks galore.

To top it off I chased a rainstorm down the mountain but I never caught it. Wet roads, dry sky. The technical term is more funner.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Life is good! Thanks for reminding us.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Pop got up and showered. Did my maintenance thang to the Vic. Somewhere around 50 miles later I got to a run for vets families.
The cause was a whole lot better than the organizational skills of the road captain and his blockers, but hey, nobody got hit by a semi so it's all good. Saw some nice country in the foothills and then had a moment of remembrance at a military graveyard. I'm a sucker for paying it forward and back east I kept myself busy with Pat Guard and whatnot and Memorial Day always is good for big runs but out here in Colorado I'm ignorant so I got lucky on this one.

Then, after the run got back to origin I bailed. Up into them thar hills. It is a good thing to have the Rockies for your backyard. I punished the Vic today and it did not flinch. I have yet to crease them footboards and I give it hell today. From high plains all the way up past the snowline I got to finally really solo wind that thing up.

Oh yeah. Stumbled into Blackhawk and I'm saying that no matter how the Megabucks plays out, I already had a run of luck playing three card and did good enough in about an hour to pay for the gas, food, vets donations and fun and still had to detour around to the bank on the way home to sock away a fair chunk.

Old biker nirvhana. A run for a cause, a few hundred miles of twisties in the by gawd Rocky Mountains and I got paid to do it.

Gonna be a good summer.

Here's a few pix
Thanks for the positive attitude Pop. I was beginning to think everyone on here was ungrateful. It's gotta be a better summer than the winter I had ! On 1/16 I became "one" with a guardrail. It's been a long painful recovery! What kept me going was workin on my Hammer (from my wheelchair) and lookin forward to summer. I made it my goal to be walking and riding by Memorial day. I stood for the first time two weeks ago, I'll ride for the first time again next weekend. I guess it takes a few grey hairs to get the right perspective on life.
IT"S GONNA BE A SPECTACULAR SUMMER !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You da ma Big Z.

I got a day of good for the soul, but you got a springtime of good for the soul, the mind and the body. Hat trick!

That's why motorcycles are the greatest thing that man has ever made. Mother nature gave us horses and we upped the ante on the old biddy.

I'm going to try to beat Saturday for fun Memorial Day weekend but Big Z will smoke my best efforts by the time he gets up in the morning.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks Pop. I might just make it if I can sew some Velcro on my left glove to keep my hand up there. Leg seems to be healing faster than the shoulder. Apparently I refused to let go. :D

Any body ever put a suicide shift on a Vic??? LOL. Where there's a will, there's a way. Keep it 'tween the lines and in the wind!!thumb up

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Actually had a client injure his left shoulder snowmobiling and I meet him at a restaurant and he's on his beloved Harley with Velcro holding his left hand on the bar. He had strength, control, etc but could not get his arm up if it came off the bars. Rode like that for over 5 years.

Best to you on your return

·
Registered
125 Posts
Actually had a client injure his left shoulder snowmobiling and I meet him at a restaurant and he's on his beloved Harley with Velcro holding his left hand on the bar. He had strength, control, etc but could not get his arm up if it came off the bars. Rode like that for over 5 years.

Best to you on your return
WOW! I was kinda sorta kidding but truth is I'm scared my left arm's gonna come off the grip and I wont be able to get it back up there. Clutchless in traffic...UGH

Glad you responded. I'm inspired to start a thread about this stuff.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
seething with envy, Pop. Any luck on my side and I'm going home next Wednesday. Doc says no riding for a couple more weeks, but what she don't know won't hurt her.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
seething with envy, Pop. Any luck on my side and I'm going home next Wednesday. Doc says no riding for a couple more weeks, but what she don't know won't hurt her.
Best advice I can give ya, after going through some heavy duty cancer treatments twice, is; listen to your body. Guys tend to overdo it and delay the healing process. thumb up

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I am looking forward to this summer too. I have a new Vision and that will keep me occupied. I am going to do a blue tooth mod to feed the radio sound to my intercom headsets.
As far as listening to the doctors, I try to listen, I really do, but when I was much younger I was riding with a full leg brace on my right leg a few weeks after an accident on my bike. I was off work for 6 months that time and spent 26 days in traction before I got that leg brace and walked out of the hospital.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
wow! sorry to hear about all you guys out there. both my knees
are shot and i wear unloader braces. my left shoulder and arm
have given me a little trouble, but i can pretty much do what want
except walk to far. i still work [by and for myself]. will be 65 next month.i thank God for every day. bicycle riding and the cr are my
[our] stress relief.
and saddlebag--it took me 3 times to read your post before the
pun jumped out. i MUST be getting old. thats why i like this forum.
like a second[dysfunctional] family. jokes and fun.-- and info.--
irv

·
Registered
810 Posts
Thanks for the great read this morning guys! I agree, it is going to be a great summer- the so cal Vic riders are starting it off heading up to Cambria for the weekend, doing Big Sir on sunday- should have 19 bikes, 16 of them Vics...

thumb upcheersthumb up

·
Registered
545 Posts
With attitudes like this, there is no way it can't be a GRREEEAAATTTTT summer. Told my preacher last weekend I was going to enjoy a talk with God and I would be in his church this weekend. He looked at me puzzled. Had to explain to him I was going on a bike ride through Deals Gap area. Still didn't understand lol. Guess it's something you get or you don't. BigZ your Vic looks awesome. Helmets up to you. Riders, we are all fortunate enough to enjoy life and appreciate every part for what we have and will learn through our Victory-ies and defeats. In parting. Keep shining side up, rubber side down. Bugs off the glass and bears off your a$$. Have a glorious year. I know I will.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks speeddemon, and good luck on the Dragon.

Took that first ride back from the injured reserve last night with my left hand attached to the handlebar by velcro. IT WORKS !!!

Ide be less than truthful if I said I wasn't pretty nervous. but the wind in my face and the sound of my pipes cured that. I'm staying out of traffic for now but there are plenty of country roads if I head west into the middle of the state. My family doesn't understand but my friends do, so that's alright.

It's gonna be a spectacular summer!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts