·
Super Moderator
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bring it on!!! :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I am going to head out to Payson early Friday or Saturday. Cool going out hot coming back but fun still the same

·
Super Moderator
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to head out to Payson early Friday or Saturday. Cool going out hot coming back but fun still the same
I was up there Saturday and it's hot there just not as hot.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Summer has arrived here in South Dakota as well. Today it was registering 107 at my house and we hit 109 officially. :crzy: Kinda warm here, but dropping down to 88 or so tomorrow and much dryer. Yeah!! cheers

·
Premium Member
13,043 Posts
Supposed to be 113 today and 116+ the rest of the week here in Hot Havasu but we are livin' the dream; don'tchaknow!

It's all good though. By this time; everyone who lives here is aclimated to at least 110. For just about anyone else in the country, this would sound hot, but the dryness does make a huge difference.

Now, when Monsoon season hits here and we get some of the humidity from it; yeah... it sucks big time for those days when it's like that.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Monsoon hit me on the 101, rained for about 3 seconds but it was a nice while it lasted. Plan on a short ride in the morning while it is below 100.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Here in So Illinois it is calling for 103 thurs 105 fri 101 sat and 100 sunday.that with we havent had ANY rain in or 70 days is making it very hot this year.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Official temp in Vegas has been around 105* this week. On the XC dash it has been reading above 110*. It is hot for sure.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Monsoon hit me on the 101, rained for about 3 seconds but it was a nice while it lasted. Plan on a short ride in the morning while it is below 100.
Been there, done that while living in Scottsdale. :cool: Only then I was riding my '02 Goldwing on the 101. Lived just off Thunderbird on Sharon Drive then and still miss the place. Heat and all. ;) How is the rubberized black-top holding up on the 101 there? We sure did get a lot of noise off the 101 prior to them resurfacing it with the rubberized stuff. Was awesome quiet after that. cheers

Oh...it was 109 and HUMID yesterday. Dew points were in the high 70s, low 80s. UGH!! Today is 80 beautifully dry. :)

·
Premium Member
13,043 Posts
Colorado is getting hit hard with the wild fires and 65 mph hot wind and getting over 100 during the day. While that isn't hot here; it sure is there and make fighting those fires next to impossible. Hope they get some relief soon. One day a couple of weeks ago we got some of the smoke from a fire somewhere. Might have been Colorado.

·
Premium Member
13,043 Posts
Oh...it was 109 and HUMID yesterday. Dew points were in the high 70s, low 80s. UGH!! Today is 80 beautifully dry. :)
I didn't know it got that hot in the Dakota's - ever. Yeah, with the humidity, that had to suck. Glad it didn't last long.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Low humidity here, but temps are going into the 105-107 degree range the next few days plus serious burn bans.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
101 smooth like glass. If you come back look me up

·
Super Moderator
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The bike runs great at 100+

·
Registered
236 Posts
AZ weather is great in the mornings, my wife and I just road from Havasu to Vegas. We left just after day light and got there right before it started warming up it was a really nice ride.thumb up

The only negative thing to come out of the ride was my bike didn't help my case with my wife at all for pulling the trigger on a newer Vic. It ran perfect, smooth as can be on the hwy and we had so much room between us I'd forget she was back there.

We did stop in at A Team Motorcycles and looked at some bikes, got to see an Indian and a couple custom Vic's.
They were real friendly and tried more than once to get me to take a bike for a ride but I kept telling them they didn't have to sell me on victory I already know I want another one.:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts