Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man is it hot now in North Florida. Went to a few cycle dealers to see what size bike would fit my 6 foot 9inch son, about lunch time, and sitting at lights was unbelievable. I think it was 100 in the shade with high humidity. Wondered if anyone has tried of knows of someone who has tried this product...
http://www.hogcooler.com/hog-cooler-vest-system.html

I would love to stay where I live and not be so hot on my bike in the summer.

maurice

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Mind boiling heat in Atlanta. Rode though Friday after work. In the stop and go traffic the temp on my panel was 118. My thighs were so hot I was worried about the degree of burn I was getting. By the time I got where I was going south of Atlanta both thighs were really red and hurt. I had a few blistered areas. I even holed up under a bridge to cool off...kinda, with a guy on a HD for a half hour. His was overheating. Tuff ride for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
You think it is hot now, wait till you get to HELL.:ltr: I wet down a T shirt and wear it under my perforated jacket. Feels like air conditioning. As long as the t is wet the air cools me down...thumb up

·
Registered
537 Posts
It's been a rough year so far.... Heart attack; then last week back to the hospital to find out that BP dropped low (adjust new meds) to give me an "Alzhiemer moment that lasted over 2 hours; wind storm last friday and yard looks like a war zone; no power or water in this heat wave so me / wife / cat / dog living in a Motel 8 45 miles from the house..... I pray that's all the testing of our strength the man above gives us for a while. Thoughts of Mountainfest in Morgantown, WV at the end of the month is pretty much what's keeping me going.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
You think it is hot now, wait till you get to HELL.:ltr: I wet down a T shirt and wear it under my perforated jacket. Feels like air conditioning. As long as the t is wet the air cools me down...thumb up
Before I got my cool vest I used to wet down a sweat shirt, lasted a lot longer than a t shirt.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Pheonix, hope all gets better quickly for you. Medical issues suck but dealing with Mother Nature on top of it is just brutal.

·
Registered
112 Posts
where are you guys getting your cool vests/perf jackets from? (what kind?)

I'm leaving bright and early for my in laws tomorrow with my wife... about 1000 mile ride. The weather looks exactly as i'd expect for a planned ride... 40% chance of thunderstorms for the first 700 miles then clear and 100 degrees or so for the last 300 miles.

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
I live in a dry climate so the evaporative vests work great but in a humid climate I'd probably look into something like the Sta-Cool vest. The Phase Change vest is probably on the same principle so that too would be worth a look for humid areas. One could keep a set in a cooler in ice water and wear the other set of inserts and just keep going back and forth with them to stay cool for the day.

The circulation vest looks interesting but the price is too high for me when the evap vest works so well (with a mesh jacket at highway speeds).

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Rode a couple of hours this morning. If you get out between 7 and 8am no worries. After 10am or so starts to get a little uncomfortable. after 12 noon. Forget it. 108 with the sun and engine heat not fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts