Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
13,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They just started tearing up the street in front of house. So will have four months of dirt road and dust every where.
Gas went to $4.29 a gallon so every forty five miles it coast me money I don't have.
You know once the gas has gone up its never ever going back down to where it once was.
So that means food and every day items like pop will all go up.
Only good thing is value of bike went up a 1000 dollars cause its cheaper then a cage to get around.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wow, $4.29/gal. It's still $3.29 here. Hope it's not heading up again. Fortunately my commute is 7 miles each way. I can get to work and back home at least 3 days a week for $3.29 in gas. cheers

·
Registered
194 Posts
$4.29???? FOUR TWENTY NINE A GALLON?!?!?!

Where can I get gas that cheap? Its freaking $4.79/gallon here in San Francisco, and at some robbery...uh, I mean, gas stations, they are charging $5.03/gallon! And thats REGULAR!

I live a couple miles from the refinery in Richmond that caught fire last August, and thats been the going excuse for high prices - that refinery is off line. Then it came back on line, and the excuse was having to change to a summer blend of gasoline, so supplies were low. Excuse the F outta me, but if you KNOW every year in the summer you have to switch to a summer blend and then back again in winter, why arent you preparing for summer, rather than just raising the price of.... oh wait a sec...

THEY DO IT BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY CAN RAPE OUR WALLETS ANNUALLY. Its BS. Its an excuse to raise the prices.

Speaking of bike values, I was just tooling around on CL earlier, and saw several nice Harleys for sale. Asking price was $3-5K OVER Kelly Blue Book values. Do people really pay those prices for Harleys?? $15999 for a 2006 Street Glide with 62K miles on it. KBB quotes $12K dealer price. Another private seller with same year Street Glide, asking $17990... Sure would like to try whatever they are smoking!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Gas went to $4.29 a gallon so every forty five miles it coast me money I don't have. You know once the gas has gone up its never ever going back down to where it once was.
WTF! When I filled up yesterday in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina regular was $3.16/gallon. Heck, if I had a WalMart credit card, it would have been $3.06/gallon. Looks like it's time for you to relocate down south to me!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Over here in NJ, about 3.55 maybe a touch more for. Super. But if you do groceries at stop and shop you can save on gas power gallon with shell or is it sonoco

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
WTF! When I filled up yesterday in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina regular was $3.16/gallon. Heck, if I had a WalMart credit card, it would have been $3.06/gallon. Looks like it's time for you to relocate down south to me!
It's at least worth a visit! $3.55-$3.80 round here.

·
Registered
56 Posts
4.29 a gallon here in Olympia area Washington for premium. Sad part is the car gets 36 on regular and the XC get 43 on premium, so its about a wash. Of course the bike is much more fun.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
About $3.75 here in central Illinois but up by Chicago it is always at least 20 cents more than I pay. That means that Chicago is probably pushing $4.00 for regular.

·
Registered
220 Posts
It's around 4.08 for premium up here in RI right now. That's pretty steady. It's expensive to live in the Ocean State but whatever. I quit bitching about gas prices ages ago. As I near my thirties crap like that just isn't as important anymore. There are better things to be concerned with and gas is not going to stop me from going to work, food shopping, seeing friends and family, and certainly not from riding.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I paid $4.80 last night in fargo at fleet farm for no ethanol premium.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Crude was $88 a barrel gas was $2.55 a gallon. Crude $94 a barrel this morning gas 3.89.

Big Oil, Vice, balls, turn. They figured once they jacked the prices they would never have to go back. Fargo?? Hell I thought those guys were swimming in all that shale oil. 7 Billion last year in oil subsidies to Big Oil. Makes sense doesn't it?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Haha, nope all the oil is out west and i guess not coming my way!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I forgot with all the oil being found Big Oil can't lower our prices. That oil is special. It's Chinese oil. Oh well it was good to hear all the DC folks talking about energy independence.

Go Solar if you can. The lease solar programs are incredible. I have paid ZERO other than my lease for the last 3 months. In some ways I feel energy independent

·
Registered
774 Posts
aHaHa when you guys are my age your gona hate electric bikes.:ltr:cheers

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Gee maybe you should chat with the gov. Of Nebraska. I seem to recall he held it up. Ah but then again the $94 crude, the highest level of inventory in the past 23 years, more hybrids, solar on the rise, Tesla rocking it, hasn't brought down gas prices I guess the pipeline would be the answer to $2 gas:ltr::ltr::ltr:

Or if a Republican was in the WH. Or wait gas was $4.50 a gallon when the last R was there, never mind.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts