Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had issues with sun glare off the speedometer while driving?? I get a nasty glare at certain points of the day and it almost blinds me.

Has anyone removed it to paint it?

·
Registered
149 Posts
The glare would be coming from the glass. Try tinting it. Or, if i remember correctly, there are "hoods" made to go over the top of the speedo to reduce glare.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Plasti dip the whole speedo minus the glass... Glare will be gone. I did it to my highball worked like a charm. There shouldn't be anything shiny on that bike anyways.

·
Premium Member
8,800 Posts
I get it occasionally off the chrome surrounds of my speedo and tach, but it's only momentary riding away from a setting sun or something similar.
I've just accept it as an occasional minor annoyance, fairly insignificant in the big picture, and ride on.
Can't say I've noticed reflections off the glass.
But I probably will now. :)

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
I move my head when the sun-glare is there

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I move my head when the sun-glare is there

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk
I've tried that and it hasn't made it much better :wink

I'm going to dip it. Normally I wouldn't care but it is literally every time I ride it home from work so it gets annoying

Thanks for the replies

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
I've tried that and it hasn't made it much better :wink

I'm going to dip it. Normally I wouldn't care but it is literally every time I ride it home from work so it gets annoying

Thanks for the replies
Good call Rachey whatever floats your bike mate ... before & after please post a picture if you please??

You think that plastic dip stick on that chrome? Or sanding it would be better ??

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts