Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
superfly guy!

Does anyone have the superfly windshield on their hammer. Is it just for looks or does it actually deflect wind on the highway.
I was wondering the same thing, or possibly getting the cowl deflector kit, where the passenger seat cover is used as a wind deflector. Has anybody bought this item, and is it worth the investment ? Or am I wiser to go for a bigger touring screen for those longer journeys ? Thanks..

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got National Cycle's Fly Screen on my '08 Vegas. As Kevinx says, it's a great summer shield. If you want to do some serious miles though, you really need a full screen. My neck was pretty tired after holding my head against a 75mph breeze for 7 hours on the way to Daytona last year! This year I had a 19" screen on the same trip and it really made a difference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed one on my hammer, the one that you can snap the passneger seat to, and it works very well, and is convenient with a passenger! If i go past 70 or so, i lean forward at the hips a few inches and the wind slips right past me, but it isnt too comfortable after an hour or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.