Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Vegas 8 Ball that I just installed Bassani Pro Street Turnouts and a PC-V on. At the recommendation of Bassani I have not upgraded my stock air box. Bassani says that the S&S intake will only net me about 1-2 hp gain and that the stock airbox is sufficient that all I need is a highflow air filter. But I have read that the K&N Filter does not supply any more air than the stock filter and considering the popularity of aftermarket intakes I thought I would get a second opinion on the S&S. I have mapped the bike with one of the VERY FEW maps available which is really nothing more than a shot in the dark as none of the downloadable maps from PC describe my set up. The bike runs good sounds is good mostly...there is the occasional pop on decel if I roll off quick. I plan on putting it on a dyno to do it right but dont want to Dyno several times. What say you guys.? Keep the stock box and filter. Go to hi-flow filter or go with aftermarket exhaust. I am not looking for crazy performance gains just want a good sounding bike that runs as it should! Thanks for any help or advice you can give!!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Well, IMO, if you're happy with the performance.....Let it alone. If you want to wake the motor up, I say get Lloydz torque tube, or his air cleaner kit. But that's only if you're not satisfied. But from what I have seen and read the Torque tube intake is the **** !

In case you're not familiar with what I mean....
http://www.lloydz.com/store/item_view.asp?estore_itemid=1000085

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
I have a 2011 Vegas 8 Ball that I just installed Bassani Pro Street Turnouts and a PC-V on. At the recommendation of Bassani I have not upgraded my stock air box. Bassani says that the S&S intake will only net me about 1-2 hp gain and that the stock airbox is sufficient that all I need is a highflow air filter. But I have read that the K&N Filter does not supply any more air than the stock filter and considering the popularity of aftermarket intakes I thought I would get a second opinion on the S&S. I have mapped the bike with one of the VERY FEW maps available which is really nothing more than a shot in the dark as none of the downloadable maps from PC describe my set up. The bike runs good sounds is good mostly...there is the occasional pop on decel if I roll off quick. I plan on putting it on a dyno to do it right but dont want to Dyno several times. What say you guys.? Keep the stock box and filter. Go to hi-flow filter or go with aftermarket exhaust. I am not looking for crazy performance gains just want a good sounding bike that runs as it should! Thanks for any help or advice you can give!!
The S&S intake is good for 8-10 hp on your bike. Not sure where Bassani was getting their info. The Torque Tube intake from Lloydz is good for a little more yet, and has better torque in the midrange, but is pricey, and you get the joy of sniffing crankcase fumes in hot weather when you're idling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts