Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Survivor series 40 starts tonight. It will be with passed winner over the years. Can you believe this show has been going on for 20 years.

·
13,263 Posts
Did you last year was the first for kicking a guy off for touching someone? What a bunch of bs. I do like the changes and some of the girls

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I've never watched so much as 5 seconds of it. I have no objection to it. It just holds no interest for me.

Reactions: depot picker

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,769 Posts
I've never watched so much as 5 seconds of it. I have no objection to it. It just holds no interest for me.
Same here. Never watched. The commercials were enough waste of my time.

Glad that it entertains people though.

Did watch that amazing race a few times. Ex GF got me on that. Didn't keep watching it though.

Reactions: depot picker

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
I dont watch TV at all, none, zilch,
a bit of youtube around bikes n cars and the planet and music.
But I do well without the mind numbing commercial crap.
Each to thier own though.
Title drew me in.. .

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I hate the reality shows with all the interpersonal fighting, arguing, angst, etc. The only ones I like are the ones that minimize this or eliminate it completely. These include a few of the cooking and baking shows and Forged in Fire.

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
13,263 Posts
the people are a lot older now. The game is boring everybody strategizing who to take out,
Found Magsion much better

·
Premium Member
6,238 Posts
I dont watch TV at all, none, zilch,
a bit of youtube around bikes n cars and the planet and music.
But I do well without the mind numbing commercial crap.
Each to thier own though.
Title drew me in.. .
Yup, same, no TV channels in my house sins 2003, we have internet, if I want to watch something I just type it into YouTube, for my kids the same about 20 to 60 minutes YouTube a day on a IPad or Android pad thing, cheap as chips these days

For work I stay in Hotels a lot and when I switch on the TV the commercials is just Sooooo irritating, it takes forever,

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The show has changed a lot from what it was in the beginning. Used to at the end of the show all contestants had lost massive weight. Not so much now and every show they have past contestants. It is much easier for contestants now and they study all the past shows. They get a fire starter kit early or at the beginning. I don't agree with that. They give them rice in the beginning. I liked it when the would have to make fire like they taught us in Boy Scouts are Army survival. They had to catch fish or what ever to eat until the won something. Each season should start with contestants that have never played before. They need to keep the age at 40 or below with very hot chic's. My wife and I started watching the show from the first one, but only a couple of years. Then a few years back we started watching it again. It's a special night that we go to the Cantina, we fix or order something to eat in the cantina. This passed Wednesday we had stuffed mushrooms and stuffed jalapenos. The show was pretty good and 2 hours long, but when the show gets boring we don't watch every Wednesday. But evidently people watch and like the show for it to run 20 years. My scooter likes it, it has never complained. I think it gets into the chic's.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I have been watching Survivor since the first season my self but the last 10 years it has gone down hill. Every year I say i won't watch it again but I end up doing it anyway. I only have antenna for TV so not much to choose from in the winter. I think for the 40th season they should have went back to the way it started and with new people, not previous winners. What is strange is that over the 20 year run there has been a bunch of people from within 2 hours of me been on the show. Must like throwing in a few hillbilly's to make the show interesting!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts