Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend is looking for a bike. His wife gave him the thumbs up on getting one but she said get one that I can go riding on. I informed of the Vics and hes seen my KingPin and XCT. Ive told him what I know about Victorys, However he wants or thinks he wants a Suzuki boulevard.

My question is for those who have owned one or have any first hand knowledge on them. Is there anything to look out for? Any years that were better than the other? Do they corner well? etc etc etc.

Thanks I want to help him be as informed as he can be before he purchases one.

Thanks

·
Registered
346 Posts
A friend is looking for a bike. His wife gave him the thumbs up on getting one but she said get one that I can go riding on. I informed of the Vics and hes seen my KingPin and XCT. Ive told him what I know about Victorys, However he wants or thinks he wants a Suzuki boulevard.

My question is for those who have owned one or have any first hand knowledge on them. Is there anything to look out for? Any years that were better than the other? Do they corner well? etc etc etc.

Thanks I want to help him be as informed as he can be before he purchases one.

Thanks
Mechanically there pretty solid bikes. Performance - not even a competition. The victory will out perform in every way shape and form.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
at 40k miles, my cam chains and piston rings were shot. I think this is a trend with all of them. Mine was burning oil like a furnace even after changing the piston rings.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have a 2007 C50t That my wife now rides. 22000 miles and never been back to the dealer for anything but one valve adjustment. Great little bike and for a 50 ci it runs pretty good. We just got back from a 2500 mile trip and as long as I kept the vic around 70 mph the suzuki did great. ( it was much more enjoyable for me riding single) as for the longevity I cant say but for the price I paid for it bran new under 6k if it dies at 40k I will scrap it and say it did ok by me:laugh

·
Registered
426 Posts
ive heard they have a weak 1st gear (read it in some magazine, no real world knowledge), and i do know that my buddies M109R had a fairly loud 5th gear. like you could actually hear the trans. never really bothered him, and i only rode it once or twice, just something that stuck out in my memory.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I loved my 09 C50 I had, no real problems with it, it handled very well and was pretty light, but that's because it only weighed roughly 600lbs and was only 800cc. Theres a decent amount of aftermarket parts available as well. Cornering wasn't he best especially after lowering the rear a bit, I'd scrape floorboards all the time. And I really felt like it needed a sixth gear when at highway speed, but that bike definitely wasn't built for speed.

Ultimately though I wanted a bigger bike, mainly due to Highway riding and the fact that two up riding on a bike with an engine that size was a little lacking in the power deparment. So I ended up on my Victory XC and couldn't be happier.

The C50 was a solid bike and great for a beginner rider or someone new to cruisers, but in the end one will want something bigger than the C50 or M50 especially when two up riding. I don't have much experience with the bigger models, always wanted an M109R, but why get that when I could get a Victory near the same price or less?

·
Registered
111 Posts
i have the M109 and i love it, the power is like no other in its class, tell him to stay away from the 2006 and 2007 if he goes with the M109. the second gear goes bad fairly quickly in thoses years

·
Registered
133 Posts
i have the M109 and i love it, the power is like no other in its class, tell him to stay away from the 2006 and 2007 if he goes with the M109. the second gear goes bad fairly quickly in thoses years
I always wanted one of those mainly for its looks and power; I just figured a bagger like the XC for a similar price was ultimately a better deal, but would still love to have a M109. Those metric bikes a Def make a solid product.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks.

not sure which. Broggy in fact I didn't know they made but 1. I. Interested in all facts on all of them.

thanks everyone for the info.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
I currently have a M109R (or VZR1800 as it's known in the UK) and it is the later model which has the rev counter built into the headlight cowl. Much improved look and the improved the gearbox. I think it was 2010 on. I like mine and got a great deal on it but I'm still on the look out for a Highball again.

The bike is a powerful beast but it's 340kg. I have the 250 Avon on it and it corners ok for that size of bike but not like the HIghball. Totally different though.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
My next door neighbor has an M109 and its a beast!
Has your friend actually ridden either bike?
Get em to ride a few Victories.

Reactions: broggyr

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had a 2013 C50 until a few weeks ago. Good bike but it has to work too hard on the interstates. You will also have to upgrade the seat as the stock saddle can be numbing after a couple of hours.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I had a Night Rod Soecial too in 2010. Great bike but different. If your a big guy the M109R or the Vic is a better choice. I went to try the 2014 Night Rod and it felt small after my Highball.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
test rides + forums

test rides are the best way to tell what you like, then check the forum pertaining to that choice to learn the good as well as the bad!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I owned a 2006 M109 for 3 years and sold it almost 2 years ago after I purchased the Victory CCT. I never had any problems with the bike and it had over 30K miles on it when I sold it. The guy that bought it rides with me and he hasn't had any problems. The transmission is clunky but so is my Victory. As for performance, the M109 is a beast! Easily spank the Victory in my opinion. That was my main problem with the Victory was power, it is better now that I added some performance goodies.

My M109 had a 280 on the rear with air suspension, Cobra tuner, K&N filter and it was really fast for an 800lb bike. I regret selling it but it doesn't have saddle bags nor does it have the best riding position for long rides. It is a good bike!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts